Goodbye 2017

December 31, 2017


I can't believe that 2017 is over! It has been a great year for me. I completed a lot of goals this year. I have loved my blog this year. I've had such a wonderful year! I want to take a reflection on my year.

I made a 2017 goals post in January and I thought I'd look back on the goals I set in that post. I actually took this photo for that post. I thought it would be a cute to use it again while I reflect back on my year.






Upload 75 - 100+ Blog Posts

I blew this goal out of the water! This is my 188th blog post of 2017! After my shit upload year of 2016 I wanted to write more. I am so proud of the content I made this year! I broke out of my "niche" and I have loved it! I have written all sorts of posts and loved every moment!






Upload Every Other Day

I managed this one until about June or mid-July. I decided to attempt to upload every day in April to celebrate my blog's season b-day. I made it 18 days of straight uploads before it became too much. I went back to every other day and kept going for a month or two. Then crashed pretty hard. I still manage to upload at least 11 posts each month but my uploads were a bit sporadic from July to November.

I got back to my upload schedule in November and finally had my mojo back. I'm actually pretty happy that I went through that bit of demotivation. I was so stressed about hitting upload dates and not missing them. I became a lot more relaxed about all of that.






Finishing Blogmas

This wasn't in the original post but I really wanted to finish a full 25 days of Blogmas. My first 2 attempts didn't go well. Topping it at 6 posts and 2 posts. I wanted to finish Blogmas. This year I was determined to finish! I had a lot of fun with it! I am so excited I defeated the beast! I think I'm going to leave 25 Days of Blogmas next year. Maybe I'll do 12 Days of Blogmas but a full 25 was a bit much for me.






Use More of My Own Photos

I used to use so many stock photos. I still used a few in the early months of this year. But I started using only my photos in May and I have loved it!!! I'm slowly working on replacing all the stock photos with my own. I think will actually be a goal for 2018!







Read Everything on My 2017 Reading List

I read about 4 books in 2017. If that. I made no time for reading! I'm setting a goal in 2018 to read at least 1 book a month!






Finish Writing My First Book

I didn't do too well on this one. I started a new story this summer and haven't written much. I was so focused on my blog I didn't do much else.




I really loved my 2017! It was much better than I could have hoped for! I'm so proud of how my blog has gone this year! I can't wait to see what happens in 2018! I'm working on my goals for the next year! I want to finish that novel and read those books. 2017 was the year of my blog. I want 2018 to be the year of my blog and of everything else!

What were your favorite parts of 2017? Let's share our victories together!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...