What Christmas Means to Me | Blogmas Day 12

December 12, 2017


We've made it to Blogmas Day 12!! I can't believe I've made it this far! Blogmas has been a lot of fun so far! I'm excited to keep going! Today I wanted to talk about what Christmas means to me!

Sometimes we get so busy buying and giving gifts. We get all caught up in the material side of Christmas. As I get older I realized that the best part of Christmas is spending time with the ones you love. The memories you get to make with the people you love most.

Friends, family, partners. It's so nice to spend time with the people you hold most dear! Over the past 2 years, I've become quite the sentimental person. I want to make memories with the people I love. 

Christmas was always such a happy time with family when I was a kid. My parents bought gifts all year around to give me and my sister a very nice sized amount of gifts for Christmas but always made a point of making sure we knew that Christmas was a time of love and peace not gift giving.

The gifts were a way of showing love. It wasn't about the materialism of it. It was about giving a gift for someone you love to show them that you care. When my parents would take me to get gifts from my grandmas and my Aunt and them, they always made sure I put thought into the gifts.

Now I try to make a lot of gifts now that I'm older. I love the sentiment behind handmade gifts. My niece and nephew make gifts for me every year and it warms my heart. I remember my nephew's first Christmas. I cried because my sister put "To Aunt Sissy" on everything. It meant so much to me.

I'm leaving on Saturday to have Christmas with my babies and I can't wait! My mom and I go every December to have Christmas with them and I love it so much! I love those kids with all my heart! It is so much fun to be the adult on Christmas with little kids! Last year I sat up the gifts and it was so amazing to see their faces in the morning.

I can't wait for Christmas with my own kids. To share the wonder of Christmas! My kids will go to bed on Halloween in a Halloween Haunted House and wake up in a Christmas Wonderland! I can't wait!!

I love the happiness and Christmasy wonder I feel every year thanks to my dad and my aunt! I hope to pass it on to my niece and nephew and I can't wait to pass it on to my kids!
What does Christmas mean to you? Tell me in the comments!


Check out yesterday's Blogmas post! Or my last two attempts at Blogmas. It didn't go well. And there are more Christmasy posts too!


Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...