My Favorite Christmas Films & Specials | Blogmas Day 14

December 14, 2017



I love Christmas movies and specials and Christmasy episodes of my favorite TV Shows! So Today I'm going to take you through my some of my favorites! I have to watch most of these every season or it just doesn't feel like Christmas. I mean is it even Christmas without the Christmasy movies?





Christmas Vacation (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)

I think this one is my favorite because my dad and I watch it every year. I think I really love it too because my dad uses to decorate as crazy as Griswold. He won't staple lights to the roof but he used to decorate the whole house inside and out and the front and backyard. It looked like we lived in a gingerbread house. I definitely get my Christmas spirit from my dad.









 Home Alone 1 & 2

I think I love Home Alone so much because I would have loved to have been Home Alone as a kid. I love to be Home Alone now. Plus the Tom and Jerry way Kevin takes out the Bandits is great! I love the NYC sequel too! 









How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000 Jim Carrey version)

I know I know. Everyone says "The Cartoon is better" But I like the Jim Carrey version. Jim Carrey plays a great Grinch. I love the town of Whoville! I would love to spend the Christmas season there! I love Christmas! Possibly more than the Whos of Whoville. It's the Perfect match!!








The Polar Express

I'm not the biggest musical fan but I'll make an exception for The Polar Express. I adore this film! I'm not really sure what it is about it that I love so much! The animation, the idea of taking a trip to the Christmasy North Pole on Chrismas Eve. I do believe the animation is a big bit. It was so realistic for its time! It still looks amazing! 







The Santa Clause

Is it Christmas if you haven't watched Tim Allen turn into Santa? The answer is no. For me at least. I love that Netflix adds it every December! I just watched it the other day! It's such a seasonal Favorite for me!







Elf

I actually only saw this for the first time in 2015 but I loved it! It's been added to the "watch every year" list. I mean who doesn't love Will Ferrell? I feel like Buddy is my Christmas spirit animal! I can easily match his love of Christmas cheer! I love how much he loves Christmas! I connect with him on every level! Well, maybe not all the sweets for breakfast. But I think I could take him on in a Christmas cheer off.










The Doctor Who Specials

I may not be from the UK but I share their love for Doctor Who! I have to watch the DW specials every year! I love the Christmasy stories! They are always so fun! If it wasn't for the DW specials I might never have discovered my favorite Christmas song "Merry Xmas Everybody by Slade" It is in every new Doctor Who Christmas special! Like actually every one since the revival!








It's Christmas, Charlie Brown

I watch this ever year with my dad! He loved the Peanuts! He grew up with them. So we watch the Charlie Brown Christmas every year together! He is the reason I have a Snoopy Christmas snowglobe. 







The Sherlock Special

The Sherlock special was amazing! I love that it took on the original setting of the Sherlock story but that it was still in line with the show because it was in Sherlock's head! UUGH! I just love the BBC Sherlock so much!!






A Very Supernatural Christmas

I loved the SPN Christmas special!! Evil Demi-gods who use wreaths to pick victims was an interesting plot. And I loved the cute little Christmas Sam and Dean have at the end! And the past Sam and Dean scenes we get!








Christmas Episode from some of my Favorite TV Shows

Parks & Rec
Bones
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Modern Family
Grey's Anatomy
How I Met Your Mother





SOME NOT TO CHRISTMASY MOVIES I WATCH THIS TIME OF YEAR

When my dad and I have Christmas movie marathons, which we do many times this time of year, we sometimes turn on some of our other favorite films to take a bit of a break. These are some of my favorites.





Harry Potter 1-8

I love rewatching HP over and over and over! When I need a non-Christmasy film during this time of year HP is one of my first go tos! The magical feel still gives it a bit of Christmasy feel and wonder!






Back to the Future Trilogy

When I was a kid I watched BTTF 1 & 2 every day for well over a year! I loved them so much! I played them over and over! I still love watching the whole trilogy! I love to put one of them on as a Christmas buffer when the Christmas marathon gets to be a little too much. I love these films so much!







Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 & 2

I love Guardians!!! I watch it all the time! Why not during the Christmas season too! From Chris Pratt to Groot to the amazing score to the beautiful space scenes, what's not to love! 








Star Trek

Whether it's the new film series or the original TV show my dad and I love watching Star Trek together!





That's it for today's Blogmas! What are some films or specials you watch this time of year? Let me know in the comments below!

Check out yesterday's Blogmas post! Or my last two attempts at Blogmas. It didn't go well. And there are more Christmasy posts too!


Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

2 comments:

  1. I may steal your Harry Potter binge! I've never thought to watch it around Christmas but it makes so much sense! My all-time fave is Santa Clause as well :)

    Deanna
    www.luxandvitae.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Elf would have to be my all time favourite! Fab post! xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...