Real Techniques Starter Set | Review

February 23, 2017


Real Techniques Starter Set
  
On the Real Techniques website, they promise that these brushes are ultra soft, easy to clean and are long-lasting. They also say that there will be no product build up in the brushes and that they apply makeup with no streaks and leave a flawless finish.

These brushes have 100% synthetic bristles so these brushes are 100% cruelty-free. The brush handles are made of aluminum and are color coded, gold for face, pink for cheeks, and purple for eyes. The Handles also have the brush names on the back.

Ulta has stopped caring the starter set but you can still find it for $13.19 at Target and $17.98 at Walmart. And you can find it for $18 on the Real Techniques website. It's also available for £21.99 at Boots.  

Here is my experience with the Real Techniques Starter Set.

This was the second Real Techniques product I ever bought. The first was the Core Collection you can check out my review of that set here. That one is a 4 piece face brush set, this one 5 piece eye brush set.

I've had these brushes for about two years. I love them! They are so soft and apply product so well! They are so well made! They hold up to washing and look just like new for years if you take care of them.

I've washed these about 10 times and they are still like new! They wash well and form back to shape easily. The photos in this post were taken in January. They still look brand new! I swear I use them. They are my go-to eye brushes.

The handles are aluminum which makes these brushes very light. The end of the handles is a hard plastic which makes the brushes evenly weighted.

As I said I use these brushes all the time! They are my go-to eye brushes! And as promised there is very little product build up! I wash my brushes once a week when they have been used to keep everything sanitary but there is never much build up and the come clean very fast!

These brushes will hold up very well as long as you wash your brushes by holding them bristles facing down so the water can't get the glue! 








So let's break down what brushes come in this set.


DELUXE CREASE BRUSH

Real Techniques describes this brush as having a "soft, oversized design for effortless contouring."  This brush is slightly tight packed and is great for outer corner and crease! It's great for packing on color on the outer corner or blending in the crease!



BASE SHADOW BRUSH

Real Techniques describes this brush as "it applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color." This brush is a lot more fluffy than the crease brush and is flatter. I like to use it to pack shadow onto the lid.



ACCENT BRUSH

Real Techniques describes this brush as "this brush is designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging." This brush is really tiny. It's great for inner corner and brow bone highlight. I think it's great for pot gel liner too. Or smudging out liner.



FINE LINER BRUSH

Real Techniques describes this brush as "the ultimate tool for precision application of liquid or cream eyeliner." Speaking of liner this brush is made for it. I never really use a liner that requires a brush so I haven't really used this one.



BROW BRUSH

Real Techniques describes this brush as "this brush's distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows." I love this brow brush! It is the only brush I use on my brows! I love that it is thicker than other angled brushes and it applies brow powder beautifully!



CASE

I love this case. It's a 2-in-1 stand and case but I only use it for a case. It can fit more brushes than just what's in the set and has a strap for easy carrying. RT just re-vamped the whole line and now the case is light grey and has rounded edges. It's so pretty. I wish I had the new one but the old case is still nice.




Was it worth the hype? Every beauty vlogger I watched talked about RT brushes and they were right too! These brushes are amazing!

Was it worth the price? I really think that it is. They are only $18 for 5 brushes and a case and they are such a great quality!
  
These brushes are soft and very well made. They wash out easily and always go back to there shape. They apply product beautifully and never fail to impress!










That's it for this review. Thanks so much for giving it a read! I hope you enjoyed! Have you tried Real Techniques brushes? What did you think? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.





Photo Credit: All photos taken by me with a Canon T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. I have these brushes, and they are amazing. I wash them often to maintain them, and they just work wonders! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Tania

    They are amazing aren't they? I love them so much! The Whole RT line is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...