Why I Hate Dumbledore

July 17, 2017


I hate Dumbledore... So hear me out. 

Dumbledore put Harry in an abusive household and left him there. When other's offered to take Harry in, Dumbledore always said no. He wanted to keep Harry in the dark about the wizarding world and wanted him to grow up troubled so he would kill Voldemort without hesitation.

Everyone praises Dumbledore and Harry named one of his children after him. I just don't get it. He used Harry as a pawn in his war. Harry was just a weapon to him. I saw someone on Tumblr who said something similar for their reason for hating Dumbledore and I was like "YES!!!" 

Harry should have named one of his kids Minerva. At least she cared. Her first line in the series includes "these are the worst sort of muggles imaginable."

Even Snape says "You've raised the boy to die." I just don't understand how everyone can worship the ground Dumbledore walks on. 

You can't really argue that he didn't know what was happening to Harry. Harry's Hogwarts letter was addressed to Harry Potter The Cupboard Under the Stairs. Dumbledore knew full well what was happening to Harry.

I loved Dumbledore like everyone else until the final book. When you find out what he's done to Harry. I could never look at him the same because of it.

Dumbledore left Harry to be mentally and physically abused so when it came time for him to die for his friends and fellow classmates Harry would do it without hesitation. 

Dumbledore left Harry in that house and yes it made him loving but can you image what that poor kid went through? You will never convince me that there wasn't a time when Harry wanted his Aunt and Uncle to love him like a son.

By the time we meet Harry he is beat down and takes everything they do to him. That didn't happen overnight. Harry grew up as Dudley's punching bag and as the Dursley's house elf. You will never convince me that he didn't grow up feeling unloved, hated and like dirt.

Dumbledore put him there. You can't tell me Molly didn't try to take Harry in as soon as Ron told her about Harry's home life. You can't tell me that once Remus found out about James and Lily that he didn't beg to take Harry immediately. You can't tell me that once Sirius was set up back at home that he didn't try his damndest to get Harry away from those terrible people.

Dumbledore didn't keep Harry with the Dursleys because it was the safest place for him. A evil wizard army wants him dead? Yeah let's keep him with the shitty muggles! Dumbledore kept Harry with the Dursleys to keep him in the dark about everything. Which was pointless after Harry learnt occlumency.


Ok I'm going to stop here because talking about this topic gets me a little revved up and if I keep going I think I might have an aneurysm.

What are your thoughts on Dumbledore? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 






Photo Credit: photo taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 camera with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in photoshop.

**This post is not sponsored**

5 comments:

  1. YES! I mean I love Dumbledore in his bumbling, sweet, old man, grandpa-wizarding way. But when it comes down to it he's cold and calculating AF. And I mean come on, even in the early books he's just letting those three kids just run amok all over the school and taking on things they absolutely shouldn't.

    Dumbledore has two faces. And it's too easy to dismiss the one that hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with this post! When it came to the last book I started to think how Dumbledore was quite horrible to Harry. Looking into Harry's home life he was not put in the best place for him mentally. Although as I have gotten older I feel a bit weird about his earlier actions of dragging Harry to the cave with the sole purpose to make sure he drank the liquid to get the locket, even though he knew he'd probably be screaming in pain, I can't imagine that would have settled well for Harry! As well as cancelling end of year exams and giving Gryffindor extra points after announcing Slytherin won.

    Jess xx
    littlepinkduckblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sad to agree with you :( As a child, I loved dumbledore. Even thinking about him now still makes me feel good things for him. It's so sad to think of all the calculating things he did, which weren't so genuine. You are so right when you said that he could have lived with anyone growing up, and yet he still chose to keep them with these terrible and abusive human beings. You gave me lots to think about. Great post xxx

    Melina | www.ivefoundwaldo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you! Dumbledore didn't treat Harry like the vulnerable young child he was, needing love and guidance after losing his parents. Instead he acted as though he was nothing more than a tool in his war against Voldemort, putting him into a position that would train him to be the 'perfect little soldier' with no care for her actual well being - especially on a mental and physical level.

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you! I hate too that he's portrayed as something of a good guy in the books, perhaps it's because they are children's books so the complexity is lost a little. But I wish people put Dumbledore under the extreme scrutiny they put Snape under!

    Paris x
    http://www.71featherstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...