5 Disappointing Lip Products

July 15, 2017


My soul hurts just writing that title. I am a lip product addict. Lippies are my favorite product of them all. Finding lippies that were disappointing makes me so sad. But it is inevitable as I have so many lippies and I can't leave Ulta without at least 1 lippie product.

Getting a lippie that just doesn't perform or meet expectations is the most disappointing for me when it comes to disappointing products. I love lip products and I've always looking for the new best lippie. Getting one that doesn't live up to hype or doesn't perform as promised always makes me sad.

 I'm just happy there are only 5 lip products on this list today.




I was so excited to find the Smashbox liner in the sale bit and Ulta! I hadn't tried Smashbox yet and I love lip products so it was fate!

I was so disappointed with I opened it and found the liner to be super drying. A lip liner is meant to me smooth and act as a barrier to drying lipsticks. Not be drying itself.




I love the always sharp idea and it actually works! I really want to try the eyeliner. But the lip liner is just way to try for the lips.







It also swatches a little patchy. I was just so surprised that it was dry. I have been using the Urban Decay Glide-on liners for ever and they are so smooth and buttery. The dryness was really disappointing.





I was so excited by the idea of a 2-in-1 liner lipstick when I heard about the Benefit They're Real Lip Kit. But when I hear lipstick I think pigment. Unfortunately these lipstick aren't very pigmented.











With lipstick I expect more pigment. These lipsticks also never dried down so it felt more like a "high-pigmented" balm. I say high-pigment because while I think the pigment isn't strong enough for a lipstick this would be high-pigmented for a balm.

You can read my full review with more photos here.





I love elf's studio brushes! They are super soft and so wonderful! When I got the elf lip color crayon I hadn't tried anything from elf before. I was so excited to try their products.

When I swatched this I was really disappointed. It wasn't quite matte and it was really balmy. It also didn't have great pigment. It can be built up but that just makes it shinier. 











I think the issue is, They were so worried about it being dry that they put in too much of the moisture component 

The swatch on the right is one sweep and the swatch on the left is a couple sweeps. It looks more matte in this photo than it does in person.





I was really intrigued when Revlon launched the Matte Lip Colors. The packaging was pretty and there were a couple of red shades. With the promise of matte I was hooked.

So I decided to pick one up. I ended up going with romance since it looked more red in the store.





Sadly they didn't live up to my hopes. The formula is more of a lip gloss than that of a liquid lipstick. It was thick, a bit stick and wasn't fully matte.

I was hoping it would dry down and matte over but it never did. It felt more like it was sitting on my lips and never settled.

I really wish it would have been better. I love the color and the wand is pretty awesome too. But the formula is what truly counts and it's just not what it should be.












The color is so pretty! It looks more matte in this photo than in person. I might be able to get some wear out of it by putting it on and blotting with a tissue. I might as well try.






The last product on this list is NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. The short story is that these lip creams can be patchy and can feel a pit grainy. 

You can build up the colors so they are less patch but you have to wait for the layer to dry and then apply another. It's not a lippie for a quick apply. Check out my review for more details and photos.













Writing this post made my heart hurt. I put off writing it all day. I love lippies so a disappointing product is even worse when it's lippies.

Have you ever been disappointed by a lip product? What about any other type of product? Are there some alternatives to these products I should try? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 







Photo Credit: All photos taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 camera with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in photoshop.

**This post is not sponsored**

3 comments:

  1. I've tried those NYX lip creams and I really found them hard to work with - very drying and messy to me! Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the NYX soft matte lip creams, I guess you either love them or hate them!xx

    Hannah | Luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame these didn't work for you!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...