Why I'm Happy Being Single

July 05, 2017


I see so many people complaining about being single. Or complaining about dating. I have never being in a relationship or felt like I had to be in one. I never really understood why people were so upset with the idea of being single. So I asked you all on Twitter if you'd be interested in this post and it was met with a pretty welcoming yes.


Since I've never been in a relationship that could be why I'm happy in my perpetual single life. I don't know what I'm missing I guess but so many people go crazy waiting for their first relationship. Meanwhile I'm sitting here perfectly fine with the fact that I've never been in a relationship.


It's not that I don't have interest in dating and relationships. I'd love to be in love with someone and have cuddles and love. But I'm 19 I have a long time before I should start freaking out about being with someone. I mean if a relationship finds me I'm not going to say no but I'm not going to freak out because I'm not in one.

I think the other main reason I am ok being single is that I'm not the biggest fan of people and I actually really love being by myself. I love being home alone. When I'm alone it is peaceful, I'm always happy, I get to do whatever I want and there are no awkward moments.

I don't quite know why I am so content being alone I just am. I used to hate it as a kid. I used to never leave my mom's side. But when I was a teenager that all changed. I began to hate being around people and loved being alone.

Maybe I'll start to freak out when I'm older. Or maybe I'll meet someone and won't have to freak out. I'm not saying I wouldn't like being in a relationship. I love cuddles and hugs. I would love to have someone to love. But I'm not in a big hurry to find them. I'm a take life as it comes kind of gal.

I'm not saying I'll wait forever and hope that we'll just fall into each other's lives but I'm not in a big hurry to start sifting through all the potentials. Not to mention that most people my age can be very immature. I'm going to wait for the dating pool to mature a bit.



Are you single? If you aren't how did you meet your other half? If you are single are you looking or are you dating yourself? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 







Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm Lens and edited by me in photoshop.

**This post is not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. I love being single too - I've been in a relationship in the past and it just didn't work for me. I like casually dating and having fun though.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...