Becoming a Wiccan | What is Wicca? + What drew me to Wicca | Crystals & Covens pt.1

February 10, 2019


A couple of weeks ago I was watching Evan Edinger's newest video, School Games! American VS British with Harmony Nice. I really liked Harmony in the video so I went over to her channel. I watched a few videos then found her videos about Wicca. I'd heard of Wiccans a few times in TV and movies but I'd never learned about real Wiccans. Harmony's videos were so interesting. I started binging her Wicca videos and was drawn to it instantly. The more I watched, the more I wanted to become a Wiccan. 


So what is Wicca? (Paraphrasing what Harmony says in her videos and book here) Wicca is a neo-pagan and witchcraft based religion that believes in the power of the Earth and the universe. Wiccans believe in the Wiccan Rede which states "If it harms none, do as your will."  Wicca is an Earth-based religion that uses herbs and connections with nature to practice Witchcraft. Wiccans believe that all things are connected, we all come from the same basic elements. 

Wiccans believe that all things have spiritual energy that has both feminine and masculine energies. These energies connect all things. Wiccans believe that they should respect all things and that they should put positive energies into the universe. Wiccans believe in the Law of Three: Everything you do will come back to you three-fold; good or bad.

Wiccan’s don’t believe in a higher power but deities that they work alongside with. Each deity representing a different item or force in nature. Some Wiccans believe that these deities are gods, others may believe that they are spirits of past Witches/Wiccans that were extremely powerful, while others might believe that the deities are human personifications of nature to better help them visualize and connect with nature in their journey.

Wiccans practice witchcraft from things like protection spells to potions for headaches to creating signals to hand in their homes. Wiccans work with nature and spirits to do many things. Some Wiccans might cast fortune spells to help with work opportunities or create a herbal mix flea bath for their pets. With representations of the elements like salt for Earth and candle smoke for air, in combination with herbs and crystals and energies with moon water, the possibilities for spells are pretty endless. But a Wiccan must always remember the basis of the Rede: harm none, do what your will. There is a balance in nature that Wiccans must respect and do, to the best of their knowledge, uphold.


As I watched Harmony’s video All about Wicca? I realised how much of the Wicca faith already aligned with my beliefs. I have always had a love for nature. I’ve always thought that the Greek Gods and Goddesses (which are one of the sets of Gods some Wiccans follow) were representations of nature. I’ve always believed in karma. I’ve seen the effects of karma first hand. Harmony also talked about the Wiccan belief in Reincarnation. Which is something I believe in more and more as I get older, the way I can pick up something without having ever learned about it., the way I feel connections to different eras of time.

Everything just sorts of clicked. Wicca instantly felt right for me. I started watching because I’ve always had an interest in the Occult but I instantly fell in love with Wicca. I was pretty much living my life that way already. Why not put a name to it and add a little order to my life, and in the process, discover a new community online I can talk to.


I’ve started studying now. I started my Book of Shadows and I can’t wait to explore this new world. I am so excited what this new path will bring! Are any of you out there a Wiccan or a Witch? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

4 comments:

  1. This is how I felt when I first discovered Paganism about 10 years ago - it just felt 'right' with everything I believed. Since that time I've wandered away from it a few times but I always return

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feels so good to find something that just clicks. Like the stars aligned.

      Delete
  2. I've been a Wiccan for near 2 years now, but not fulling practicing with it. I've read Harmony's book just after Christmas, and it's been really helpful! Welcome to the coven ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy with all of it so far. I've been loving her book! Such an amazing starters book! She lays it all out so simply.

      Delete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...