A-Z of Me | One Year Later

February 19, 2019


I can't believe that it's been over a year since I started my A-Z series. I've been having so much fun with these posts. Christmas and Halloween and characters! It's been really interesting to see what words I come up with. I"m a firm believer that people are in a constant state of change. We aren't the same person we were 5 years ago, 1 year ago, 6 months ago and maybe even a month ago. So today I thought it'd be fun to do another A-Z and then look back on my first post and see what's changed. 

I haven't looked at that A-Z post since I wrote it. So I want to write this post before reading it again. That way my answers now are a true reflection of how much I've changed in the past year. I have to say I think there will be quite a few differences. I've gone through a lot of things in the last year. I got a fur baby, started taking better care of my mental health, started creating more and have made some new health decisions.

No unlike my other A-Z post I'm going to write about each choice like I did in my original post. So let's get started!



Artist

I have always liked the title of Artist but thought that I didn't make enough art, or that I needed to sell art to be considered an artist. But I was watching a video from Emily Artful this week about the phrase "I'm not an artist." In that video, she made the point that if you are a creative, you are an artist. There are no requirements. There are no rules, no guidelines in art. Anything can be art, from music to paintings to drawing to writings. If you create things you are an artist. A title which I now wear proudly.





Bob's Burgers

I started watching Bob's Burgers recently and have really fallen for the show. I was peeing myself laughing in the opening scene. It was a match made in heaven and I can't believe I didn't watch the show sooner. I have to thank Hannah Hoffman on YouTube for her drawing YouTubers as Bob's Burgers characters video. I had to watch the show to get the jokes.





Crystals

I've always thought crystals were beautiful but over the last month, I've been getting into the more spiritual and magickal side of them. Like meditating with amethyst or rose quartz for headaches. Which has worked for me TBH.





Doodles

I've been a doodler all my life. This year I've been focusing on turning those doodles into full pieces of art. I can't wait until the end of the year to look back and see how much my art binder has grown.





Eclectic

I love the word eclectic. I think it describes me pretty well. I pull inspiration for my art and fashion style and makeup and nails from everywhere. I don't really have a set style or way.





Food

I LOVE food. That is all.





Gluten-Free

This might have been my G for my last post. I've just hit my year anniversary of being Gluten-Free in January. I feel so much better physically at the start of 2019 than I did in 2018.





Holo

Thanks, Simply Nailogical. I'm a Holosexual now.





Iridescent

Follow up Holo will her sister Unicorn skin. Both beautiful in their own ways!





Japanese

I set a goal in 2017 to learn Japanese and still haven't really learned much. I want to change that this year. Anyone know any good apps or books?





Knitting

I've wanted to get into knitting for a while but working on my blog and art, knitting has been pushed back a bit. I'd love some tips on how to get started!





Lipstick

If this isn't the L from my first A-z I'll be shocked. I still love my lippies.





Moon

I've always loved the moon so much. I seem to love it more and more as the years go on.




Nature

I've always loved nature and I really want to connect with nature more this year. Meditate outside this spring, collect flowers and press them in a book, make decorations for my house with fallen twigs and branches from the oak tree in my back yard.





Opal

Opals have become my favourite gemstones. I got an opal and moon ring for my birthday and haven't taken it off since. I love the iridescence, rainbowness of opals!




Pansexual 

Some thing I've never actually said on my blog or social media is that I'm Pansexual. I've mentioned that some of my mental health issues came from being raised in a homophobic household and realizing things about myself during puberty. I want to write a whole post about my LGBT+ journey so far.




Quartz

Quartz and Rose Quartz are my favourite crystals. I love the Rose the best. I've got a rose quartz pendulum necklace in Etsy cart right now.




Rain

I adore the rain so much. We recently had really heavy rain with intense wind and I loved every second of it.




Salem

Salem is my fur baby. He's a 9ish-month-old kitty. I found him in June and he instantly became my whole world and best friend.







Tarot Cards

I've been very interested in divination recently and I'm obsessed with Tarot cards. I have like 10 beautiful sets in my "save for later" part of my Amazon cart. Some decks are so gorgeous! I want some of them just to look at and use in photos.




Unfortunate Events

A Series of Unfortunate Events finished on Netflix in January and I loved how it ended but I'm also so sad it's over.




Vegetarian

I decided this month to start transitioning to a vegetarian diet. I currently eat a vegetarian diet with chicken so the transition shouldn't be all that hard. I buy a lot of food all at once because I hate human interaction, so my freezer has quite a bit of chicken in it. I'm going to eat all that I have then try a month without any meat. I'm really excited for this new path!




Wiccan

Possibly the most exciting of this new A-Z, in January I became a Wiccan! I heard about the beliefs of Wicca and they really clicked with me. I knew that Wicca is the path I've always meant to follow.




Xbox

I've very much a gamer girl, tho PC or PS4 is probably my machine of choice. Sorry Xbox but The Last of Us has my heart.




YouTube

I've been a YouTube addict for many many many years. I go through periods of watching different categories of content. From makeup to gaming to comedian and storyteller vloggers. My newest addiction is art channels. Many give Bob Ross feels and these channels have really inspired me to start doing more and more art.




Zafina

Lastly is Zafina my first Art Original Character. Watching a ton of art YouTubers has made me what to design characters. Zafina is a witch character who is still in her doodle stage but I'm planning on working on a final piece this weekend.


So those were my answers for 2019. Let's have a quick look at some of my answers from 2018. This is the first time I'm looking at them since I wrote them.



Art & Autumn




Coffee & Candles & Converse




Doctor Who




Japan




Lipstick




Mermaids & The Moon




Slytherin & Space




Tardis & Tea




Writing Stories & Watercolour




YouTube




Like I said I'm not surprised Lipstick is my L. Or that YouTube is my Y. Watercolour is still my favourite art style. Space and Moon are still very dead on. As are Coffee and Tea. The fuel that creates my life. I forgot that Japan was one of my J answers. That's cool that it's still something I love.

Autumn is still 100% me! As is candles, converse and Doctor Who. Slytherin is still proudly displayed in my about sections on pretty much every site I have an account on. Mermaids and other mythical creatures are still something I'm fully obsessed with. 

So I pretty much just added to the list. I still stand by all the answers in my original A-Z. I think both posts represent me pretty well.

If you'd like to read my original and see all my answers and my reasons for choosing them you can read it here. You can also check out all my other A-Z post here. They cover things like favourite characters, Christmas, Halloween and more!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...