ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Liquid Lipstick | Review + Swatches (2 Colours)

February 28, 2019


So I took quite a break from doing reviews. I'm not entirely sure why but I just found that I had to push myself to write them. I dreaded sitting down to write them. So I just pushed them to the back set. But I'm finally ready to come back and do come every now and them. I thought that it was only fitting to come back with my favourite product type lippies! 


ColourPop is an indie brand that I got really into in 2017. I've ordered quite a lot from them. And of course, the first thing I ordered was lip products. My go-to product when trying a new brand. I love liquid lips so I was immediately drawn to the Ultra Matte Lip.

ColourPop describes these liquid lips as "The boldest formula of our liquid lipsticks - in one smooth swipe, you’ll get intense colour payoff that dries down to a super matte, transfer-proof finish."

I got the shades Snowfleek and Avenue. Snowfleek is described as "This rusty red is on point" and Avenue is described as "Sleep all day, stay up all night in this dark blood red"




ColourPop says that these matte liquid lips have a "lightweight formula that smoothly glides on the lips leaving SUPER intense pigment with a bold, ultra-matte look. It is very long-wearing and 100% kiss-proof AKA no transferring!"

I was so excited to try these liquid lips! Everyone raves about ColourPop. I was so excited to receive my first order. I took these beauties out and swatched them right away. 

They are smooth and soft, dry down to a beautiful matte and have wonderful pigmentation! Once you put it on it will stay on. I wore this liquid lip to a wedding. I put it on at 10AM and didn't take it off until 11:30PM. My lips still looked great right before I washed them. Even the waterline still looked good. I ate, I drank and I didn't reapply. Still looked good!


Shots from my Insta that day (I was wearing the shade Tulle):




The colour applies in a nice even coat. I haven't noticed any patchiness. There was no need for a second coat or touch up coats either.

I'm still not the greatest liquid lip applier so if I'm in a rush I get out of the lines a bit. I tried to wipe it off and let me tell you this boys stain. Which can be good if you apply it to the right place. The staining power makes the colour last longer. It's just a bit unforgiving if you slip your hand when applying.



This was that aftermath:




The colour is a bit darker than it appears in the tube and I found that some shades are just the littlest bit darker than they appear on the ColourPop site. Which I haven't got a problem with but I know some might. My lip motto "The bolder the better" So a darker shade doesn't bother me.

Now the good part you're all here for. The swatches! The left is Avenue and the right is Snowfleek




Was it worth the hype? Yes! Spoiler Alert for any future CP reviews, I adore this company! Indie companies always put such care into their products. I also really love CP because they are Cruelty-Free and a lot of their products a vegan.

Was it worth the price? Absolutely! These are the best liquid lips I've tried and they are only $6.50. ColourPop is always having sales and free lip deals. You can get these babies for a steal.












That's it for this reviewThanks so much for giving it a read! I hope you enjoyed! Have you tried the ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick? What did you think? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.


**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...