Cinnamon Crumble Muffins Recipe | Gluten-Free + Easily Made Vegan!

September 05, 2019


It's finally Fall and I don't know about you all but two things that get me in the Autumnal mood is baking and cinnamon! So today I wanted to share one of my favourite recipes, Cinnamon Crumble Muffins! I just love the cinnamon brown sugar topping I make for these!
I love adding things to a Gluten-Free cake mix. Not everything has to be from scratch. I love adding vanilla extract or pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. I love making cupcakes and muffins from scratch but sometimes you're just tired and want a damn muffin. So that is where this recipe was born. You can use your favourite cupcake/muffin base recipe or box mix. I use the King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix when going for the box version.

It takes like 25 minutes to prep and like 20 to bake. So you could be eating these muffins in less than an hour! I can eat like 3 or 4 of these in one sitting they are heavenly! The crumble can be a little messy so sometimes I add the sugars and cinnamon right into the muffin batter rather and making the crumble. You still have delicious cinnamon muffins without all the sugar crumble falling off. But I still love the crumble! It's honestly a straight toss-up when I go to make these if I'll make the crumble or the just mix it in.




I will say tho mixing it in does make the sugar pack a little less punch it can make these a much better breakfast muffin in that aspect. They are still amazing either way!

I actually started making these muffins when I bought a cinnamon swirl cake mix at the store. But I got tired of buying that mix since it was almost $7 and started to get the King Arthur mix that was almost $2 cheaper and making the topping myself. It turned out so good that I kept doing it.

Let me warn you now, these muffins are ridiculously addictive! 



HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON CRUMBLE MUFFINS:

As I've said I mostly make these with the King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix. So I just make the batter per the instructions on the box. I add 1 tsp of vanilla extract since I think the box mix is lacking a bit of flavour.

The topping for these muffins is super easy. It's just brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and butter. Just toss it all in a bowl and chop them together with a spatula. You should get a soft crumb-like texture.




Line a cupcake tray with liners start by scooping in about 2 tbsp of batter into each cup. Add about 1tsp of crumble to each cup.

Add another tbsp or two to the cups and top with another tsp of crumble.












Bake the muffins for at 350 for 20-25 minutes transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy warm or at room temp.



TIP: If you find the crumble is too messy you can add the sugars and cinnamon straight into the muffin batter. It still tastes amazing but it doesn't get sugar everywhere.


You can also change up your basic batter mix by adding 3 tbsp of Pumpkin Spice instead of sugar and cinnamon.










Click here to download a HQ copy of this recipe card for your collection! 



I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Let me know what you think of it in the comments below! And if you make some yourself tag me on Twitter so I can see them!


Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**
Cinnamon Crumble Muffins Recipe | Gluten-Free | By ZombieGoddess Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...