5 Lipsticks for Life

June 01, 2017


I decided at the beginning of the year that I wanted to do at least one lip product post per month. So while brainstorming ideas for lip posts I thought, what if you could only have 5 lipsticks for the rest of time. Sometimes my own brain scares me.

The idea of 5 lipsticks forever is a bit horrifying. So of course I had to do it!


I decided that it was limited to five lipsticks in all not five finishes. So I have 2 UD Vice lipsticks because they are 2 different shades.

It's probably no surprise that all of this lipsticks are matte. I hate simmer and gloss and I only have 1 cream shade so a cream finish didn't make the cut.





My first choice probably isn't a shock. Rimmel Kate Moss 107. I love this lipstick so much. It's such a pretty red toned berry! If you've been on this blog before you've probably heard me talk about it a million times. 

It's smooth and soft! It's matte without drying out the lips. I adore it so much!






Swatches (Top 3 with sunlight and no flash, bottom 3 with sunlight and flash):























Next let's talk about Urban Decay Vice Lipstick. I adore these lipsticks I have 1 mega matte shade, 2 comfort matte shades and a cream shade. The 2 I picked today are 714, a classic cherry red in a mega matte finish and Blackmail, a berry wine in a comfort matte finish.







I love these lipsticks! They are smooth and matte and I love them! They are both comfortable on the lips and not drying.

Blackmail is the shade I've been looking for all my life! It's such a beautiful deep berry! It's a gorgeous matte deep purple! It's my dream lipstick!



Swatches (Top 2 with sunlight and no flash, bottom 2 with sunlight and flash):






















Next up my favorite classic red. MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo. The best description of this lipstick is Marilyn Monroe Red. It's such a classic red. I love the finish and it's beautifully matte without being dry! It's my go to classic red!










Swatches (Top 3 with sunlight and now flash):























Lastly I picked Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick. I picked this lipstick because it is the only nude lipstick I own and even though I never wear nude lipstick I feel like if I would only have 5 lipsticks for life I should probably include a nude.







This is a very pinky nude. Which is probably why I picked it. I actually got this lipstick in the Sephora b-day set last year. I love the liner that came with it. This lipstick has a really nice formula and I really like the color.


Swatches (Top 3 with sunlight and no flash, Bottom 3 with sunlight and flash):

























Products Mentioned:

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in 107

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 714 & Blackmail

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang









I adore these lipsticks! What lipsticks would you chose if you could only have 5 for the rest of your life?

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!  

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 






Photo Credit: All photos taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post is not sponsored**

9 comments:

  1. Such lovely picks, I love the Urban Decay lipsticks and these two look great! I don't think I'd suit Blackmail, but 714 looks beautiful xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Urban Decay ones are amazing! 714 is my favorite right now!

      xoxo Much Love,
      Cassie

      Delete
  2. Ruby Woo is such a flattering color. I think it suits a lot of different skin tones. My favorite lipstick from MAC is definitely Velvet Teddy :)

    Lenne Zulkiflly Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby Woo is my favorite Classic Red ever! It really does suit so many skintones. I've never tired Velvet Teddy. I'll have to give it a look!

      xoxo Much Love,
      Cassie

      Delete
  3. I love the Marc Jacobs one. Its a very nice shade. Not too bright or too pale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great lipstick! I got it in the Sephora b-day gift last year and I love it! I need to get it in a different shade since I don't wear nudes or pinks that often. It's such a great formula!

      xoxo Much Love,
      Cassie

      Delete
  4. So you're a red fan! :) Lovely photos and lipsticks.
    I own one Urban Decay in Backtalk in comfort matte and absolutely adore it.

    xo B,
    Porty's Diary | Facebook | Bloglovin | Blogs Portugal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I put a lot of work in my photos! I do adore reds. My collection is full of them! Berries are my favorite too! Blackmail is amazing! UD makes amazing lipsticks!

      xoxo Much Love,
      Cassie

      Delete
  5. Ohh I haven't actually tried any of these lippies! I know I know, how could I have not tried ruby woo?! I've wanted to buy it for ages but didn't think it was justifiable because I already have russian red. but you can never have to many red lipsticks, right? ;) x

    whatevawears.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...