My Favorite Video Games

June 03, 2017


Video games are my favorite thing to do when I have free time. I have loved video games since I was a kid. I started playing the Nintendo 64 when I was only 4 years old. I started playing young and will keep playing until I can't anymore.


Since I've been playing for 15 years I've fallen in love with quite a few games. Today I wanted to share the games that have really stuck with me. The games that I play over and over. The games I just can't get enough of.


Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The first game ever played. This is the game that sparked my lifelong love of video games. I adore this game! I original played it on the N64 and recently started playing it again on the 3DS.

It is actually the reason I got a DS. I just really wanted to play it again! It has been so long since I played it always feels like I'm playing it all over again.

Zelda and Link will always have a place in my heart. I actually plan for my first tattoo to be the triforce symbol.




The Last of Us

I honestly don't know what it is about this game that made me love it so much. Maybe it's the story. Maybe it's way the game is mixed with the cut aways that make it feel like a movie. Sometimes you almost forget you're playing a game. And a lot of people don't like that feel but I love it! I fell in love with Ellie and Joel more than any other characters in games I've played. 

From the game play to the story to the characters to the camera style. I love it. The pacing was wonderful, the writing was amazing and the details. The fucking details! Even parts you just walk through had so much detail! It was absolutely gorgeous! I love that game so much!

Zelda has a special place in my heart as it was my first but I love The Last of Us like no other game.





Outlast

I love horror. I'm a huge adrenaline junkie. I love the rush of a horror game. Haunted houses and scares mazes don't scare me. I know that the people there will not hurt you. But in a horror game you either feel responsible for the character's life or you feel like you are the character and you are in danger.

For me the rush or not dying in a horror game is a million times better than a haunted house.

Outlast gives me that rush big time! I love that it keeps you tense and scared without constantly using jumpscares. The story is great and well written and the game mechanics are awesome!

I've played it so many times and I've watched so many YouTubers play it. I adore it!





Undertale

This game is amazing! It's full of puns and cute jokes and the story is insanely good. I love the different outcomes and the characters are amazing. 

The game play is different to what I usually play and I really love that. It was really fun to have something different.

I love watching YTers play it. I love all of their different voices. And I love how somehow everyone's Papyrus was the same!





Until Dawn

Talk about playing a movie. This was like watching a horror movie that listens to you when you scream at it. I loved it! I love how your actions really can get them killed. So many games say your actions and choices matter but the don't really.

There are so many different outcomes! I love it so much! I loved the story! I love stories about the Supernatural so this was right up my alley. Sorry that was a bit of a spoiler.

The gameplay is really cool and the graphics are too amazing for words. the character models look so much like the actors who voiced them and they look so real. I can't imagine how great they will be in a year! It's insane!

A lot of people didn't like that it was so much like a movie but I really liked it. The story was really good and I love that you decide what kind of person each character is based on your choices while playing them!

It has amazing pacing! If you time your start right you can play in time with the game! You'll be playing all night as the game starts at like 10PM and goes until Dawn but the eeriness of playing in time is totally worth it!






I think I'll keep this list to my top 5 for now! If you only have time to play 1 game play one of these! They are the best games I've played in my 15 years of gaming!

What are your favorite video games? Have you played any of the games I'm mentioned today? What did you think?

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!  

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 






Photo Credit: All photos taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post is not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...