My Pottermore Results | My Wand, My House, My Patronus

July 11, 2017


So in honor of the 20th anniversary and Harry's birth month I've finally caved in a joined Pottermore to be sorted. I kept putting it off because like any wizard kid going to Hogwarts I was worried about my house.

I will not lie as I was taking the test I kept saying "Anything but Hufflepuff." There isn't anything wrong with Hufflepuff I just feel that I really don't fit in that house.

I took the quizzes in order of how you would be present them had you really been going to Hogwarts. Get your Wand from Ollivander's, then be sorted into your house, then learn to cast a Patronus.





So first wand. I got a Chestnut wood with a dragon heartstring core. 12 3/4 inches and surprisingly swishy flexibility. 

I was hoping for unicorn hair but I like dragon heartstring. According to JK herself on Pottermore Dragon cores make the most powerful wands.



I'm a little surprised that I got 12 3/4 inches. I'm so short it seems like that might be long for me but I like it.








There are so many questions but each quiz only ask 8. So after I got my first and final result I made a few other accounts to see if they all said the same. I'll walk you through the first one and then tell you about the others after.

So here are the select few questions I was presented with.



QUESTION 1: Moon or Stars




I chose moon. I love full moons so much! I guess that proves I'm not a werewolf. Haha.





QUESTION 2: Which nightmare do you fear most?



I chose waking up to find that neither your friends nor family have any idea who you are. I like being alone but I don't think I could handle my family not remembering me.





QUESTION 3: How would you like to be known in history?



I chose The Bold. I love anything that gets the adrenaline pumping!





QUESTION 4: If you were attending Hogwarts, which pet would you choose to take with you?




I chose snowy owl. I mean come on Hedwig is so pretty and owls are used to deliver mail in the wizarding world. You kind of need to have one. If I had to choose something else to would have been one of the cats. Or all of cats!






QUESTION 5: Four boxes are placed before you. Which would you try and open?




I chose the jet black box with the silver key. It just sounded so pretty and mysterious.






QUESTION 6: If you have have any power, which would you choose?




Out of the options presented to me I chose The power of superhuman strength because in a lot of comic books and other superhuman stories people with superhuman strength can jump super high and far which is almost like flying. Plus I would never need any help carrying things.






QUESTION 7: Which of the following do you find most difficult to deal with?




I chose boredom. I can't handle it at all. It drives me up the wall. I was very tempted to chose hunger but decided on boredom.





QUESTION 8: Left or Right?




I chose left since I'm left handed.


And the sorting hat screams....

"SLYTHERIN!"




A lot of people might be upset by this but I don't see slytherin as the bad house. Just because you are Slytherin doesn't mean your dark. There were plenty of Slytherins in Harry's days at Hogwarts what were friends with other houses and were kind and nice.

So Voldemort and other dark wizards were Slytherin. Peter Pettigrew was Gryffindor. Dumbledore who raised Harry to die was Gryffindor. Slughorn was Slytherin and he stood with everyone during the battle and fought the Death Eaters.

Slytherin doesn't make dark wizards. And not all Slytherins are pure-bloods. Most are half-bloods. And a rare few muggle borns. Just because someone is Slytherin doesn't be they have Voldemort's belief system.

There are plenty of good Slytherins and I am proud to be Slytherin!






So after I got my house I decided to make another account to see if I'd get different questions and if it also said Slytherin. This started a downwards slope of 6 different accounts.

After my first result of Slytherin I took the test again and it said Gryffindor. So naturally I made a 3rd account to see if I'd get Slytherin or Gryffindor. I got Slytherin.

At this point I could of quit. I got Slytherin twice. That confirms it. Right? Well I decided to go again. I got Ravenclaw. People can obviously have traits of multiple houses it's the dominate traits that decide the house. 

So I decided to take it again. Gryffindor. So I decided to take it again to see if it would break the tie between Slytherin and Gryffindor. It did. I got Slytherin again and decided to stop there.

Since Slytherin was the first one I got and I got it 2 more times for a total of 3 out of 7 I am comfortable saying I am a Slytherin. Though I would also be happy saying Slytherdor.

7 tests and not one Hufflepuff. I don't think I had anything to worry about during the first test.



MY PATRONUS




On to my Patronus. It is a fast moving system so I wasn't about to screen grab or write down my answers. This part of the site is beautiful. You glide through the Forbidden Forest chasing a blue wisp and after a few questions your produce your patronus.

I'm actually quite happy with my patronus. 





Yes a Hedgehog. Not the most intimidating but I love it! It's so cute! It runs adorably and I think it would send dementors running.



So I'm a Slytherin with a Chestnut Dragon Wand and a Hedgehog patronus. I didn't join Ilvermorny. I want to go to Hogwarts damnit!

Have you joined Pottermore? What House are you in? What's your Patronus? Tell me about your wand! Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 






Photo Credit: All photos screenshots from Pottermore.com All copyright to JK Rowling and Pottermore

**This post is not sponsored**

2 comments:

  1. As I have already revealed - proud Slytherin here!!! 💚🐍💚

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sorted in Gryffindor and Puckwudgie! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...