MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo | Review + Swatch

February 15, 2017


MAC Retro Matte Lipstick

 MAC describes their lipstick as "Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips." MAC describes the Retro Matte finish as "mattest matte finish." And MAC describes the shade Ruby Woo as "very matte vivid blue-red."
  
Mac Retro Matte Lipstick is available for $17 on maccosmetics.com and you can find a MAC Store or MAC Counter here.

Here is my experience with MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo.




This lipstick is smooth and high pigmented. The color is a beautiful classic red. It is truly matte and looks great!

It can be a little drying if you have dry lips or if your lips dry out easily. It is a thick formula so it can get a little dry.

It looks great on the lips and doesn't flake or become patchy.






Swatch with sunlight from a window and no flash:









Swatch with sunlight from a window and flash:





It gives some transfer if you don't blot it a few times after you apply it. There is still plenty of color after you blot it. If you don't blot it, it takes forever to dry to keep from transferring. Just put a tissue in between your lips and press down for a few seconds.

It doesn't bleed and stayed put well. It wore for about 6 hours before needing a re-apply. I take off my lipstick to eat, I drank my coffee in a to-go cup and everything else from a straw so I'm not sure how it holds up to food and drinks.

I come off easily with some water and a tissue. It didn't really stain but there was some slight color left over. 

I love the design of the lipstick tube! It's so cute! MAC lipsticks have the cutest design! 

I love this line I just wish there were more colors! There are only a few more and last time I checked there were mostly nudes.






Was it worth the hype? I've heard more about the original matte lipstick in Russian Red but when I went to the MAC counter the lady there said that Ruby Woo is like Russian Red but it is a truer matte. I really love Ruby Woo! It is such a pretty red and is truly matte!

Was it worth the price? For $17 you get a good amount of lipstick and it is a lipstick that looks great and stays put.
  
I really love this lipstick. It looks great, it's truly matte and the color is beautiful! Ruby Woo is that perfect classic red! It's like a Marilyn Monroe red!









That's it for this review. Thanks so much for giving it a read! I hope you enjoyed! Have you tried the MAC Retro Matte Lipstick or anything else from MAC? What did you think? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.






Photo Credit: All photos in this post were taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 and a 18-55mm lens then edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post is not sponsored.**

2 comments:

  1. The colour is amazing, i haven't actually tried any MAC makeup before, but i plan to!
    Panda xo | thealienb4by.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few different shade of MAC too but I am after a red colour so I'll give this one a go next!

    https://sarahsdreamscapes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...