Tales from Christmas Past | A Christmas Storytime | Blogmas Day 11

December 11, 2017


Christmas has always been a special time. I was always full of Christmas cheer as a kid! As I got older I still held on to my love for Christmas. Life got darker and harder but it was always bright around Christmas.

I really have to thank my dad for that. He always decorated the whole house when I was a kid. Inside and out! He went all out. We had 9 1/2 foot ceiling. We had this wooden beam in our living room and he would hang garland from it. We had a huge tree and it would be covered in every ornament you could imagine.

My dad had a ton of Santa figures and would put them out everywhere! We had tons of stocking and garlands and these bubble lights that were beautiful! We actually ordered some for this year and I'm so excited!

My Aunt decorated too! She had lots of garland and little trees! She had this bell decoration that rang "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" like the Hershey Kiss commercial. I loved it!

When I was a kid I always remember coming downstairs to gifts under the tree. My sister and I would open gifts with my parents and then go to my Aunt's. We'd spend all day at her house. A few cousins would cover over during dinner. My Aunt would always make a ham for everyone and a chicken for me and my sister because we didn't eat ham.

I loved playing in the snow on Christmas. There was always snow on the ground. Even though I've never seen it snow on Christmas. We always had snow leading up to Christmas. My Aunt lived on this huge hill. We would go up to the top and sled down into her yard.

I don't really remember it but my parents have this tape from a Christmas when I was almost 2 and after every gift I opened I got up and hugged and thanked who it was from.It was so cute when I watched it.

My best Christmas memory is that my dad has never missed a Christmas. He has always made sure to see me on Christmas. The first Christmas my parents separated my dad made sure to come and see me. That time was the beginning of really hard few years but my dad made sure to see me for Christmas. 

I think that is why Christmas still means so much to me. It was always a few weeks of happiness in the darkest part of my life. 

One of the things I really appreciate looking back now is that my parents bought gifts all year around. We didn't have a lot of money but my parents always made sure we had a huge Christmas. 

But they also made sure we know Christmas was more than just gifts. We always went to my Aunt's in the afternoon and we spent time with family. Watching Christmas films and everyone helping to make dinner.

My family was crazy and every time we were all together almost always someone got into a fight. But at Christmas time it was always nice. I never remember fights or things like that. It was only a few of us that were really close and it was always really nice.

What are some of your favorite memories of Christmas time?

Check out yesterday's Blogmas post! Or my last two attempts at Blogmas. It didn't go well. And there are more Christmasy posts too!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...