Christmas Rants | Blogmas Day 8

December 08, 2017


I'm by no means a grinch. I love Christmas! Possibly more than the Whos of Whoville. But there are few things about Christmas that can really get to me. So I'm going to "rant" about them today. If rants aren't your thing I understand. I'll see you tomorrow! I don't mean for this post to offend anyone, these are some very unpopular opinions so proceed with caution.

Before we get started I want to give you a little warring there may be some strong swearing. This is a rant after all. And I'm not holding back on a few of these. 





F**K Tinsel

Seriously, it's Christmas herpes! Just like glitter is craft herpes. Except I like to look at glitter. I think Tinsel looks terrible! It looks absolutely horrible! It's impossible to place where you want it. It is impossible to get it off the tree and it just looks tacky and cheap. Sorry if you like tinsel but I hate it!








Baby, It's Cold Outside is F**king Creepy

Have you ever listened to the lyrics? She says “my mother will start to worry, my father will be pacing the floor.” HOW OLD IS SHE?! The man in obviously older and she is absolutely under 18. And later she says “what’s in this drink?” then later “the answer is no” which is followed by the man singer saying “your lips are delicious” How is this song still on the radio?! It's creepy and comes off rapey.








Die Hard IS NOT A CHRISTMAS FILM!

Just because a film happens at Christmas or plays a Christmas song that does not make it a Christmas film! Christmas films are all about Christmas and family or Christmasy things. Die Hard is a cop/hostage movie that happens at Christmas. That's it! 








A Christmas Story is not that great

I'll watch it but it's not on my top Christmas films list. I don't understand why so many people love it. It's cute but it's not amazing. The acting isn't that great and the story is really basic. I don't understand the undying love for that movie.








It's A Wonderful Life isn't the best Christmas Film either

The story is really sweet and it has a really nice moral but it's just too long for me. It has too many slow points and again the acting is that great. I'll watch it but I'm not the one that would put it on. I'll show it to my kids one day for the story but it's not a "watch every year" kind of film for me.










"All I Want For Christmas Is You" can kindly F**k-off

I hate that f**king song! It is drastically overplayed and it's so repetitious! I actually learned the other day that when the song was brought to her, Mariah didn't like it either! Mariah herself didn't like it!!! Why is this song so f-ing popular?! I'm not a big fan of Christmas Love songs in general but this one is the worst!









Peppermint Everything

Who decided that the biggest Christmas flavor was going to be f-ing peppermint? "You know what would go nicely in your Hot Cocoa? Toothpaste!" Who the hell thought of that? I hate the taste of peppermint! The flavor and the smell are everywhere this time of year! I. Hate. IT! Why are we dumping toothpaste in everything?!








It feels so good to yell these things out into the void of the internet! I get a bit riled up when it comes to the stupid song the most! UGH! I hate it so much!

What are some things you dislike about Christmas? Please feel free to rent in the comments!

Check out yesterday's Blogmas post! Or my last two attempts at Blogmas. It didn't go well. And there are more Christmasy posts too!


Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You're so funny My mom also hates 'All I Want For Christmas Is You', and you're right, it is super repetitive. Thanks for the giggle :)

    Deanna
    www.luxandvitae.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...