Hello 2018! | Happy New Year + My 2018 Goals

January 01, 2018


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! How was your New Years? I stayed in, painted my nails and pretty much silently watched the ball drop on TV. I'm not one for big parties or going out. I liked sitting a home painting my nails and editing photos.

I'm so excited for 2018! My 2017 was amazing! I got so much blog stuff done! I'm so proud of all the things I did on my blog in 2017! I have blog goals this year but I also other goals too. 2017 was the year of my blog I want 2018 to be about my blog but I also want to focus on other projects and focus more on me!

I don't make "resolutions." They never seem to stick. I've always been one to respond well to deadlines and goals so that is why I set goals and make a "deadline" oriented plan to reach them. I love sharing my goals here on my blog. It gives me more motivation to reach them. So let's talk about some of my goals.




BLOG + PROJECTS GOALS


Write 150-200+ Blog Posts in 2018

Last year my goal was 75-100 and I blew it out of the water with 188! I hope to hit 200 this year! I have a schedule set up for me to loosely follow that has me doing 202 posts this year. I had a lot of stress last year about keeping to my schedule. It almost caused some blogger burn out. I'm going to keep to it the best that I can but I'm not going to stress about "missing" days or needing a break.





Replace All Stock Photos on My Blog With My Photos

Up until around May of last year, I used a ton of Stock photos on my blog. Around May or June, I decided to stop using them all together and replace them all with my own photos. I've replaced a bunch but I still have a more to do. I also want to re-shoot some of my older photos where my lighting was terrible.





Post 13-15+ Posts A Month

Last year I managed to post at least 11 posts a month. I want to post at least 13 a month this year. I'm not going to keep to a schedule or anything so I might end up uploading the posts at the end of a month or they could be stretched out all over the month.





Get GirlsWhoBlog Running Again

In 2017 I started a Retweet account called GirlsWhoBlog. I started bi-weekly chats and weekly threads and then a blog too. But during the summer I got into a bit of a slump and I dropped everything except writing for ZombieGoddess Beauty.





Open An Etsy Shop

I want to open an Etsy shop with my art, photography and graphic designs! I love creating and I loved to start earning some income from the things I make!






Finish My First Book

This was on my list last year. I didn't make much time for writing other than ZombieGoddess Beauty. 2018 will be the year I finish my book! Maybe I can pop it on the Etsy store too.











PERSONAL GOALS


Be Happy

I want to make a point of doing things that make me happy. I don't want to let people make me angry and I don't want to let myself get as stressed. I want to enjoy more and tell the rest of the world to f**k off if need be.






Make Art

I got an art tablet for Christmas and I'm so excited to start drawing this year! I'm still getting used to it and practicing but I already love it! I can't wait to start making fun little art pieces and sharing them with your all!






Write

I NEED to make more time for writing things that aren't my blog! I love creating stories. I didn't make much time in 2017 and I'm really sad about it. I love the current universe I'm working on and I can't wait to spend more time with my new characters this year!






Drink More Water

I am in a perpetual state of dehydration. I don't drink enough liquids in general. I'm going to try to make a point of drinking more water this year. I read that for my size I need about 1 gallon of water a day so that's what I'm aiming for. So I need to drink about 8-16oz bottles a day.






Read At Least 1 Book A Month

I made zero time for reading in 2017. I used to love to read. So I've decided to assign myself a book every month to read. I Have a lot of stories I want to read so I'm taking more time to read!







I have few other little goals but these are my big ones. What are your goals for 2018? Tell me in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. These sound like some really good goals Cassie! I need to get my arse into gear with my book writing too, but it's so hard to find time between blogging and work! Happy new year! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...