My Love for The Joker

January 21, 2018


I've said before that I have a thing for villains. I don't know what it is about them I just love a well written bad guy. I think J was my first villain love. He's insane, has an amazing sense of style, a beautiful lady on his arm and no regard for anyone but himself and Harley Quinn. He's a villain that most find easy to hate but I find him just that much easier to love!


Every story has a villain no matter how light they may be in their evil ways. There is always a character you are meant to dislike or hate. Personally, the dark and more twisted a villain is the more I love them. J is so twisted and dark that he isn't even human. He himself has said he's no more than a thought, an idea. 


I love that! He has no care for anyone but Harley Quinn and it makes him all the more dangerous. He loves to wreak havoc and doesn't care who he hurts. He can't be reasoned with and that makes him all the eviler. 

In case you are wondering I'm purely talking about the comic book and suicide Jokers. I wasn't a fan of Heath Ledger's Joker. I know he was beloved but I just don't get it. And the TV Joker was made so PG it makes me a bit ill. I personally hate the original Batman TV show. And I haven't seen too many of the cartoons over the years.

A lot of people didn't like Leto's Joker but I loved him! I love this more Gangster style Joker. And I think Jared did really well with him. Hense why his Joker Pop! Figure is in the cover photo of this post. I just loved all the little mannerisms and little things he added to J. Like the little throat noises he made before speaking and I personally fell head over heels in love with his laugh! It's exactly what you'd expect when reading J's Hahahaha laughs in the comics!

I love the darkness around the Joker and the fact that he is such a loose cannon. He is a wonderful villain and a delightful character to watch. He is pretty unpredictable while being completely predictable. You can almost always guess if he's holding someone hostage that person is going to die but when he's doing something for Harley all the "cards" are off the table. You like that little pun there? J does love his playing cards.

I also really love him because no matter how much people want him to be a 1-dimensional psychopath he isn't. He has no care for any living thing except his Harley Quinn. Their relationship is far from a nice one and there is quite a darkness around it but he doesn't hold her as a possession. On many occasions, he loses his mind when she goes missing and can't function without her.

He does not hold her as a possession like a psychopath would. He loves her, in his own twisted way. She is the only thing he has ever loved. That is why I fully believe that he is not a psychopath. He is a psychotic sociopath. Meaning he can feel emotions but typically doesn't. He is psychopathic in every way but one. He feels love for one person.

Everyone wants to push him into this little box that they see but I love that he is absolutely out of his mind and would literally kill anything but still has a human attachment to one person.

I love villains, more diabolical the better and J is one of the best, if not the best. He always gets away or escapes when the Bat does get him. He always gets Harley out too. He is a loose cannon and has no regard for human life. He makes for a great villain that many love to hate or hate to love. I personally love that I love him. He is quite possibly my #1 favorite villain. 


How do you feel about The Joker? Do you like villains too? Who is your favorite villain? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 







Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.


**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...