Products I Regret Buying

January 10, 2018


Writing this post sucks. Esspecially since I have quite a few products to talk about today. It's always a huge let down when a product turns out to be disappointing. I try to find a way to still use the products but these ones are pretty unredeemable.

Unsurprisingly most of them are lip products. Since lippies are the product I buy the most and the products I'm willing to take a chance on I end up with more disappointing lip products than anything else. So let's start off easy with the ones that are easy to explain why I don't like them.




I was so excited when I saw the Smashbox liner in the sale bin at Ulta. I'd hear about the "Always Sharp" design and really wanted to try it. It sounded so cool. The always sharp mechanism works really well but the liner itself is super dry. I mean really dry. I think it would still be dry under a really moisturizing lipstick. It felt like a waterproof barrier. It was really hard to get off.









I was really disappointed when I tried the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color. It has nice pigment but it is really sticky, isn't matte and the smell is terrible. It's like terrible artificial flowers and chemicals. It gives me a terrible headache every time I smell it. The smell doesn't go away no matter how long you wear it so I can't even pat don't the color to make it matte. It's more like high pigment lip gloss than liquid lipstick.








The first thing I tried from elf other than their brushes was the Matte Lip Color. It doesn't have great pigment and when you build it up there is a glossiness to it. You have to build it up and pat, build it up and pat. And not that this really has to do with why I regret it but the shade is called Rich Red but the color is more of a red cast pink.








Last of the lippies is the Benefit They're Real Big Sexy Lip Kit. When I heard that Benefit was making a liner and lipstick in one I was really excited. I got them a few days later and I was really excited until I swatched them when I hear lipstick or liner I expect pigment. These are just glorified tinted lip balm. They are very sheer and the formula feels like lip balm or lip gloss. It stays sticky.









Moving on to eye products. I actually like some of the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Crayons. I have the black shade and an iridescent blue that I love. The reason I don't like the white shade is that it is crumbling and doesn't apply well. I'm not sure if it's the formula or what but the white one is one to stay away from. I only used it once and this is who it turned out. IT could have been a bad batch since the other two I have I quite like. Who knows?








Lastly, possibly the one I regret most, Sally Hansen Miracle Gel set. With promises of 10-day wear and quick drying, I was very excited to try the SH Miracle Gel. "Gel without the lamp" was the tagline. It took about 10 minutes for each coat to dry and this blue shade wasn't entirely opaque in one coat. It looked fine after I finish applying everything but I noticed bubbles a little while later.

I would think that it was just a bad batch but I've looked up other reviews and they said the same thing. The polish also chipped in like 2 days. I have better results with Sally's Hard As Nails Base & Top Coat. Which I've had 10 days without chipping by the way.







It's always so sad when a product turns out to be a dud. Have you tried these products? What did you think? What are some products that made you regret buying them?

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.


**This post was not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to get that Benefit lip kit, but I'll keep away from it now! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...