Monthly Favorites | January 2018

January 31, 2018


January took a long time to pass and went really by fast at the same time. For me at least. It seems like New Years was forever ago but I'm still surprised that January is gone already. I must say though that I am very happy that I spent all of January at home in my own bed. I have been living out of a suitcase and traveling so much. I'm so happy to have spent a whole month at home.
.
I'm really enjoyed January! I wrote lots of posts I've very proud of, had some lovely favorites, and did some much need house repairs! I was so excited about the repairs. I feel like such an adult. We got a new toilet because ours stopped working. It legit fell apart when we took it out.

And we finally got a new oven! My first ever gas stove! Our old stove was from the 60's and was rusting out like crazy. I've very excited to have a new stove! It's a bit of a learning curve to get used to the way it heats and how fast it heats but I love it!

I'm really proud of the content I've been making this month! I am really proud of the posts I've written and I am in love with my new photos! But more on that later. I'm also really loving Insta Stories. I've been updating mine every day.


So let's talk about what I loved in beauty this month. I finally got my coveted Smashbox Ablaze palette that I have been wanting since it launched. I was so excited to get it for Christmas! It lived up to everything I wanted! It is so beautiful and I was immediately obsessed.

I love they Ablaze palette so much. I did a first impressions and a review for that palette this month. I couldn't wait. It was everything I hoped it would be and is probably the only shadow I'll be wearing for a long time.







I also have really been loving the Tarte Hybrid Gel foundation. My sister got it for me for Christmas. I love the formula. I just wish I could get a slightly lighter shade. Ulta was having a sale so the lightest shades were gone. Turns out when this foundation wears for a while it gets darker. Sadly Tarte discontinued this foundation for the new one they just released.

Recently, I was watching some of Lex's old videos on her second channel and I saw that she applied the Urban Decay Lip Liner in Blackmail alone. I've used UD liners alone before but hadn't tried Blackmail yet. I adore the color! The pencil is slightly lighter than the lipstick and is a beautiful berry shade! I have been loving this pencil alone!

Just be aware when Urban Decay says 24/7 they mean it! This stuff doesn't come off for a long time. I did a wear test of 3 eyeliner shades and one lip shade on the back of my hand and it was there for at least 24 hours.

I also have a new found love for Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's been in my collection forever but I never use it. When I did use it I noticed it got in my lashes and messed with my mascara. But I can fix that with a clean spoolie. I started using it again when I swatched the Ablaze palette. I decided to use it because I didn't know if the red and orange would stain my arm. 

The shadow was practically locked onto my arm! It didn't smudge, it didn't come off on my hand when I wiped it over the swatches! It came off with a makeup wipe but didn't budge otherwise. I was mesmerized. I started using UD Primer Potion again right away!


In January I finally did something that I have wanted for months! I got new Helix piercings! Sometimes better know as upper cartilage piercings. I already had a lower cartilage and a top cartilage but I wanted two more in the middle. So now I have a ring in the top and the other three with be a gradient of 3 studs from big to small when it's all healed! I'm super excited about them!


I've always been a huge candle fan. I love seasonal candles the best! I was so excited to finally get a full-sized Gingerbread Maple candle from Yankee Candle! I got a tea candle size in 2016 and just had to get a full-size candle during the 2017 holiday season. It smells like gingersnaps with a light drizzle of maple syrup!







I've done so much editing of blog photos this month. I've been using my new Art Tablet like crazy to help me edit. I got an Artisul D13 art tablet for Christmas. I haven't done much art though. I've mostly been editing blog photos. I really love it. I'm hoping to do more art next month. But it has also been a huge help for editing. It goes so much faster now! I did start drawing The ZombieGoddess though. The idea of her has been in my head forever and I can't wait to finally create her!


Now let's talk movies. I have been so obsessed with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 since I got it in September. I have been watching it over and over in December and January. I've been watching Vol 1 a lot too. I've addicted to Guardians!

I have also made an Awesome Mix Vol 1 + Vol 2 playlist and it has been on constant repeat all month long. I'm actually listening to it while writing this post. I've had Mr. Blue Sky stuck in my head for days. I need help. But I also love the mix so much that I'm perfectly fine with having it suck in my head!


So TV in January was mostly non-existent for me. Now that I'm home I've been playing YouTube on my Apple TV or watching Twitch Streams. But I did get to watch season 10 of Doctor Who! It finally hit Amazon Prime and I am very excited! It was such a great season! It felt so much like the early season of New Who and I love Bill! This season was amazing! I've so sad to see Peter go! And from the ending of S10, I'm not sure if Bill will be in S11 either. Which is sad because I really really liked her!

I also finally got to watch Game of Thrones. I watched the first 2 seasons on Hulu during the HBO free weekend a few months ago. My sister texted me a few weeks ago with an HBONow login and said she was keeping it until March. I was so excited to catch up! I binged everything and fell madly in love with Jon Snow. I've super excited for the final season!


Speaking of the beautiful Jon Snow. I just had to order his Funko Pop! Figure. I love it! It's so damn cute! It's season 6/7 Jon and is just adorable! I can't wait to get more GOT merch! I haven't fallen this hard for a show in years! I am so happy! I haven't been able to get into shows recently so I'm very excited to love a show this much again! Of course with my luck, it's almost over.






Speaking of Pop! When I ordered Jon I also finally ordered the Starlord Pop! Figure I've been wanting! My collection is growing! The Pop! addiction has begun! Peter's figure is really cute! I didn't realize when I ordered him that he is one of the bobblehead figures but that's ok. He's still damn cute!







Now I mentioned I loved my recent blog photos. That is in part thanks to my new props! I got a few props for Christmas and I love them! I got a golden pineapple, a rose gold tea candle holder and fairy lights in a jar. I also took some things from around my room and added them to the set. I love it so much!


The last favorite of my January is my new phone case. When I was ordering my Pop! Figures I needed something else to make it $25+ for free shipping on Amazon. I've had my eye on some White Marble Cases so I picked one that was $11 and had a really nice bumper case. I was so surprised at how nice it is and I'm so happy to finally have a more protective case!




In February I'm turning 20! 6 days actually. I've very excited. I'll officially be a real adult! No more teen years! I'm also really excited to start working more on my goals for 2018 and reaching out to more brands and bloggers! I want to do more collaborations in 2018!

I'm also looking forward to working on more graphics and art to get ready to start an Etsy shop later in the year! I'm really excited to start working on my goals and make 2018 my best year!




MY JANUARY FAVORITES:

Smashbox CoverShot: Ablaze Palette

Tarte Hybrid Gel Foundation

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Liner in Blackmail

Urban Decay Original Primer Potion

My New Helix Piercings

Yankee Candle Gingerbread Maple Candle

Artisul D13 Art Tablet

Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol 2. (Again)

Awesome Mix Vol 1 + Vol 2

Doctor Who Season 10

Game of Thrones

Jon Snow Pop! Figure

Starlord Pop! Figure

My new Blog Props

uColor iPhone 6S Plus Case






I really enjoyed writing this post! I love this idea for a new style for my Monthly Favorites! It's more of a life update and favorites. I enjoyed writing my favorites so much more than I have been! Let me know if you guys like it!

I really enjoyed January and can't wait to enter my 20's in February! What did you love in January? What are you looking forward to in February?

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 










Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...