Real Techniques Buffing Brush vs Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge | Product VS

April 16, 2017


It's no secret on this blog that I love Real Techniques. Today I wanted to talk about two of their products that get compared a lot. The RT Buffing Brush and the RT Miracle Complexion Sponge.

Since there are both for foundation and from the same company they get compared a lot. So I thought it was fitting that they would be the first in my new companion series, Product VS.


So let's talk about the buffing brush first. I got it in the Core Collection Kit. It applies product really well and leaves a smooth finish.

It applies foundation evenly and blends foundation without feeling like it's stuffing your pores. It applies an even layer that isn't too thick. It doesn't leave patches or brush marks.





It is really soft and well weighted. I really love this brush! You can find my full review of the buffing brush and the core collection here.



Now the Miracle Complexion Sponge. I was so excited to finally try this sponge and I was not disappointed. 

It is soft and squishy yet firm. You might think that foundation would just push into it but it doesn't. 

It applies smoothly and evenly. It gives a smooth and almost flawless finish. It is great for foundation and concealer. I use it dry so it also gives a matte finish.





The Miracle Sponge applies a slightly thinner layer than the buffing brush. Which I like. You can build it if you want.

It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I love the way it makes the foundation look smooth and natural.

The sponge is soft. You might think it would be rough on the face but it isn't. I love the way it feels when applying my foundation.

You can check out my full review of the Miracle Complexion Sponge here.



So which would I recommend? I adore both but if I had to choose I'd pick the Miracle Complexion sponge. I've been using it non-stop and I don't see any other foundation brush in my future anytime soon.

The only downside is you have to replace it every 3-5 months. RT recommends 3 but if you clean it after each use and only 1 person is using it I don't see why you couldn't use it for an extra month or 2.

I love the buffing brush but I love the miracle complexion sponge just a little more. So if you can only get one I'd recommend the sponge.

Have you tried the RT buffing brush and miracle sponge? Which would you recommend? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 







Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.
**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...