Have Beauty Brands Lost Originality? | Let's Talk About Beauty Brands

April 04, 2017


In my post last month where I talked about dupes I mentioned that I felt companies spend so much time of copying each other that they never make anything new.

Every brand seems to be making the same things. Every brand made a matte nude palette with the same 5-8 colors last year. Every brand is making smokey and metallic palettes and it seems like no one is making anything new.


I just want some matte bright/colored eyeshadow. I swear the only matte eyeshadows I can find are nudes. I just want a burgundy or red.

I just feel like brands aren't listening to us. I've seen other people in the beauty community talk about this. On twitter and on Facebook. When a brand shares a photo of a palette every other brand has already done people call it out.

I am tired of the same product being pumped out and shoved at us. Please someone make something original and different!

Thankfully I think Lorac was listening. They just released this awesome looking pastel palette! I really want to try it. It looks so pretty! They also released some pastel blushes. I'm so excited that a brand is finally doing more!

Products have gotten so boring. I'm so tired of all these matte nudes. I sound like a broken record but I have enough matte nudes!

I just really want to see something fun and exciting. Every time a brand promos that they are going to have a new release it is always something I've already seen.

I just want something different! Please! Maybe a matte colors/brights or some matte "metals" colors. Metals are always shimmery, glittery or metallic, it would be nice to have some of them in a matte. I just want some fun eyeshadow choices!


I also think nail polish has been getting a little boring. We need more nail color choices! It seems like every brand is making all the same colors. I'd love to see a well done mint or a brown for those fall nails.

I can never seem to find a new color when I'm looking for it. I wanted brown last year for leaves and couldn't find any. There are not many orange options either.

I just want to do nail art and I can't find the colors! Please get more creative with the colors. Please!


So do you think brands are losing originality? What do you want to see brands make? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Cover Photo - Photo from pixabay.com and edited in Photoshop bme.

**This post was not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this! When something sells, some other brands will be more inclined to do something similar... It can be distressing.
    By the way, I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award (my post’s right here: https://andreasnirvana.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/my-mystery-blogger-awards-nomination/).
    Let me know if you’re planning on doing it!! :D
    Keep hustling x
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...