I Started Double Shampooing My Hair

April 14, 2017


I saw a post on MariaJ's blog called "Are you washing your hair properly?" She talked about how she has oily hair and how 24 hours after it was greasy like she never washed it. I've had the same problem for the longest time!


She said that she started to combat this by double shampooing her hair. I was like "that is genius! I need to try this!" It says wash, rinse, repeat on most shampoo bottles so why have I only just realized that I need to wash it twice?

It kind of blew my mind. It made so much sense. Maria explains in her post the reasoning behind a double shampoo is because the first shampoo gets rid of buildup and the second one actually cleans the hair.

You definitely need to check out her post. She explains it better than I do and I'm not going to copy and paste her post. I wanted to make a post about how reading her post got me to try double shampoo and how it's worked for me. So please check out her post!





So I should start with my hair type. Which is really weird. I mean it's really thick, straight and medium long which is pretty normal, but the weird part is that right after I would wash my hair it would be dry and frizzy and then within 18-24 hours it would look soaking wet from the greasy that came from nowhere.

So that is way I use moisturizing shampoo. I started after I dyed my hair so much I fried it and when I tried to switch back to normal shampoo it was dry right after washing.

I've bounced around a few different moisturizing shampoos over the years. I started using Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair back when I was still dying my hair because it was color safe. I still use it since my hair can be dry and frizzy.

I've thought about switching to their regular shampoo line. Or maybe I'll try the volume line since it is supposed to help with frizz. I thought that maybe if I switch to the regular one my hair would be less oily but I'm worried about the frizz and the moisture shampoo helps with my easy to tangle situation.

So before double shampooing I had hair that gets oily within 24 hours. I started double shampooing at immediately I noticed that the next day my hair looked a whole lot better than usual.

I wash my hair every other day since washing everyday isn't good for it. So with hair that gets oily in 24 hours this is a hard thing to do. Dry shampoo is my best friend.

But now I think I might have to retire the dry shampoo. Or at least until I'm in a situation where I can't wash it for more than 48 hours.

Double shampooing really has helped! My hair was less oily and my head wasn't itchy like it has been. I also do the first shampoo with the Sexy Hair and the second with a dandruff shampoo and that helped even more.

Instead of looking oily and wet on day 2, it looked shiny. It was really flat and I hate my color but it still looked better oil level wise.

Thanks so much to Maria for opening my eyes to this! It has helped me immensely!


Do you shampoo once or twice? Do you use a special kind of shampoo? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.
**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...