My Favorite Halloween/Horror Films

October 30, 2017


It's the eve of Halloween! That means it's time for a Halloween & horror movie marathon! I love watching all sorts of magical, supernatural, Halloween themed and scary movies this time of year! So today I'm going to share with you my favorite films to watch around Halloween!



Halloweentown & Halloweentown 2: Kalabar's Revenge

I love the first 2 Halloweentown movies! They were my childhood! They were the only "Halloween" movies I was allowed to watch as a kid. I fell in love with Debbie Renolds! She was almost like a grandma to me. I love the storylines of the films! 2 was so much darker but I loved it! I liked Halloweentown High too but it was a bit cheesy and I hate that Marnie was goo goo over a boy the whole time. But the first 2 films are everything!






Harry Potter 1-8

I love watching HP 365 but Halloween really gets me in the HP mood. I adore HP. I don't think I have to tell you how amazing the story is or how good the films are.







Twitches & Twitches Too

I loved Tia and Tamara growing up! The story could be cheesy at times, it was Disney after all. But the overall story was really great and it was all about how they needed to save the witch realm and it was actually a really great story. I don't remember the second one completely but I do remember after so cheesiness and drama they had to defeat evil again.






Friday the 13th (All)

I loved this series. It was the first horror film I ever actually got to watch. I wasn't allowed to watch any horror until I was 13 and moved in with my dad. Friday was on Netflix at the time and I was so ready to see it after hearing about it for years. I found an immediate love for horror and slasher films. I fell for murder stories in general after that. 

I've seen 1-8, Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X, which was ludicrous, and Freddy VS Jason. 1-7 and Jason Goes to Hell are my favorites. Jason X had me laughing so hard I could have peed my pants. And Freddy VS Jason wasn't that memorable. I still haven't seen that newer remake or whatever that was.





Bride of Chucky

This is my favorite Chucky film. I think it was purely because of Jennifer Tilly. I always root for the killers in Friday, Child's Play/Chucky, Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream. I also really like this Chucky because Chucky was much scarier since Tiff had to sew him back up. The nail kill was pretty cool too.






Child's Play 1-3

Chucky is such a Halloween classic! The originals are great! I just love that a man in a tiny 2'9 doll is slaughtering people. The Chucky films, to me at least, have no fear element to them. It's one of the "horror" movies that you can sit down and laugh at.










MOVIES MENTIONED:

Halloween Town

Halloween Town 2

Harry Potter 1-8

Twitches

Twitches Too

Friday the 13th Series

Bride of Chucky

Child's Play 1-3







Those are some of the movies I love to watch during the spooky season! What films do you like to watch during this time of year? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 











Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.
**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...