My Kind of Video Games

March 23, 2017


I love video games. They are my favorite past time. When I have free time I always go to video games or reading books.

I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember. We had a Nintendo 64 in our living room and I remember playing Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64.

Today I want to talk about what kind of videos I like to play.



I have never been a fan of first-person shooters. I prefer games with stories. I know that COD has some story to it but I prefer games with more detailed stories that really hit the feels. 

I love a game that tells a story and makes me fall in love with the characters. The story is the best part. I love when the story syncs up with the gameplay and goes together perfectly.

I've said in The Gamer Tag that I like story games so that shouldn't be a surprise but today I also wanted to talk about genres of games. 

Personally, I love the horror story games the best. The ones that make me jump out of my skin or scare me like crazy are the best!

I also love the games that feel like interactive movies. A lot of people don't like them because it can feel like your choices are restricted and gameplay can get repetitive but I love getting into the stories.


I also love the mystical stories like the Legend of Zelda games. I love that type of help the princess stories. I just love adventure games!

I love the stories and puzzles and bosses of adventure games. They are so thought out and so fun to play. Though some puzzles can drive you crazy and the answer is staring you right in the face.


Now I said that I don't like FPS (First Person Shooters) games which is true but I do like the ones with objectives. Like Battlefield, the capture the flag and pigeon game modes are really fun. 

I also like the idea of CSGO but I don't get why everyone spends so much money on skins. It's crazy to me how much some people spend on these games. They are fun to play but I would never spend extra on them.

That being said I do like PvP (player vs player) games and I do play them from time to time I just prefer story games. But everyone loved PvP every now and again.


I really love ARPGs (Action Roleplay Games). I really love them because they are a mix of story and FPS games. There is a story with action and it is just so fun! 

These are the ones that are really fun to re-play. There is always something different to do. And you can play for such a long time. 

Fallout 4, for example, can go on forever. You can build and rebuild your shelter and make it epic and you can play the story.


Lastly, I want to talk about platform games like Mario. These are fun little games to play from time to time. I like to play Mario 3D Land on the DS when I'm bored.

They can be infuriating but they are so fun! I have loved them since I was a kid. I love the little baddies and bosses. And every time you finish a level it feels great.



That about does it for this post! I love video games and I was so happy to share my favorite game genres with you!

A big thanks to Elle May for inspiration for this post! She did a post over on her blog called "What Genre of Games Do I Like?" and after reading I really wanted to do something similar for you guys.

I wanted to start a conversation about games so I want to know what kind of games do you like? What genres do you like? What genres do you hate to play? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!  

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.







Photo credit: Cover photo from pexels.com and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored.** 

2 comments:

  1. I love how much time I end up spending on fallout4, I need to get back on it and carry on with some of the dlc's:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy MMRPG, or simulator games! I'm a fan of the Sims 4 and Eldevin! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...