Real Techniques Sculpting Set | Review

March 03, 2017


Real Techniques Sculpting Set

These brushes were originally released as limited edition but because of how popular they became Real Techniques made them a full time product! I got these we they were limited edition and now that they are full time I'm so excited to review these for you guys!

On the Real Techniques website they promise that these brushes are ultra soft, easy to clean and are long lasting. They also say that there will be no product build up in the brushes and that they apply makeup with no streaks and leave a flawless finish.

These brushes have 100% synthetic bristles so these brushes are 100% cruelty free. The brush handles are made of aluminum and are color coded, gold for face, pink for cheeks, and purple for eyes. The Handles also have the brush names on the back.

This set is available for $19 at Ulta and Target and on the Real Techniques website. I could not find it on the Boots site for UK people. You can still get it on the RT site.

Here is my experience with the Real Techniques Sculpting Set.

As I set before I originally got these when they were on limited edition release. I've had these brushes for about 2 years. I had used them much until this month. I'm not gonna lie I got a little sucked in my the limited edition factor. I didn't know how much I'd like to use a tight packed brush for bronzer.

These brushes are so soft and apply product so well! They are so well made! They hold up to washing and look just like new for years if you take care of them.

I've washed these about 6 times and they are still like new! They wash well and form back to shape easily. The photos in this post were taken this week. They still look brand new! I swear I use them.

The handles are aluminum which makes these brushes very light. The end of the handles are a hard plastic which makes the brushes evenly weighted.

I have used the contour and blush brushes all of February and as promised there is very little product build up! I wash my brushes once a week when they have been used to keep every thing sanitary but there is never much build up and the come clean very fast!

These brushes will hold up very well as long as you wash your brushes by holding them bristles facing down so the water can't get the the glue!




So let's talk about the brushes in the set.


SCULPTING BRUSH

Real Techniques describes this brush as "featuring a wide, angled head specifically designed to help create defined contours using cream and liquid bronzer or contour makeup."

I love this brush for my bronzer! I thought a slightly packed brush for contour would apply too much product or make it look to dark. It applied product beautifully!




FAN BRUSH

Real Techniques describes this brush as "it softly sweeps on powders + whisks away any excess makeup for an even finish." 

I don't really do highlight so I never really use this brush but it is really well made and really soft. Maybe I'll start using it to contour my nose.



 


SETTING BRUSH

Real Techniques describes this brush as "the key to completing any look is with a controlled dusting of powder or highlighter."

I use this brush for my blush. It is the perfect size for the apples of my cheeks and applies the product evenly.



BRUSH CUP

This set now comes with a brush cup! It looks so cute! I wish it would have come with the limited edition set.






Was it worth the hype? Every beauty vlogger I watched talked about RT brushes and they were right too! These brushes are amazing!

Was it worth the price? I really think that it is. This set is really nice and I think it's worth the $20. They are every nice brushes and they are now my go to cheek brushes.
  
These brushes are soft and very well made. They wash out easy and always go back to there shape. They apply product beautifully and never fail to impress!









That's it for this review. Thanks so much for giving it a read! I hope you enjoyed! Have you tried Real Techniques brushes? What did you think? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.







Photo Credit: All photos taken by me with a Canon T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop. (My set was the limited edition ones so my set is shiny instead of brushed metal.)

**This post is not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get this particular set but I did get one with the sculpting brush and I absolutely love it! I'm not huge into contour but this brush makes it easy. I may have to look for that setting brush.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...