The Anti-Haul | Beauty Products I'll Never Buy

March 13, 2017


You might have seen this trend floating around the internet recently. If you haven't the basis is simple. Instead of doing a haul of products I just bought I give you a list of products I would never buy.

From the blog posts I've seen the idea of these posts came from the idea that blogs constantly taking about products they want or just bought or really love and it can feel like blogs are always saying buy, buy, buy, buy. 

So the idea of this post is to get away from that and tell you some of the products that would never make it into our collections. The products that just scream no to us.

I really loved the idea and decided to jump on board. There are a few products I just don't understand the hype of and why people would want them and some products that aren't necessarily hyped but that I just don't understand why they exist.

So today I thought I'd take you through some of the products I'd never by in a million years.

I want to start with a palette that makes me ask "why? Just, why?" And that is the Too Faced Peanut Better & Jelly Palette. If you haven't heard of this palette it is a palette with colors themed about PB&J but all of the shadows smell like peanut butter.

I don't understand. Why would you want your eyeshadow to smell like peanut butter? The chocolate palettes I kind of get and I think the chocolate could be tolerable but peanut butter? I don't know I just don't get it.

Not to mention that the shadows in this palette look so over shimmery it looks like it would be uncomfortable on the lid. It looks so shiny that it looks like it could cut your eyelid. No thank you.



I don't want to just single out products in this post because there are types of products I would never buy no matter the brand. So first off in the product hot seat is highlighter. I am not a fan of shimmery or glittery products. But the fact that you put glitter on your cheekbones is something I can not do.

The way that my cheekbones are shaped if I put shimmery or glittery products on them they reflect right into my glasses. I can't do shimmery blush either. I might do a highlight with a matte white eyeshadow if I ever wanted highlight but highlighters that have shimmer/glitter are a no go for me.



The next palette I want to take about is the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette. Unlike the Peanut Butter palette, I'm not 100% against this palette. I just wouldn't buy it on my own. I think the peach scent would be tolerable if it isn't too fake smelling and isn't very strong. I like the colors and unlike the PB&J palette there is more than one matte shade.

At the same time there are not enough matte shades for me want to spend money on this palette. Also there aren't really any "peach" colors in this palette. It's mostly just nudes and darks. I wouldn't buy it myself but I would most likely use it if someone gave it to me as a gift. I'd take this palette over a lot of other palettes out there.



Focusing on another product type I would never buy, lip gloss. I hate lip gloss. I love high pigmented lips, preferably matte. Lip gloss is the complete opposite. I never liked lip gloss as a kid. I always thought it was sticky and I never really understood the point of it. It doesn't really act like lip balm and it doesn't really have any pigment to it. It's just sticky goo you put on your lips.



I realized very quickly when making this list that all of the single products on this list were going to be eyeshadow palettes. Those are really the only product where I can take or leave certain ones. Every other product I don't like tends to be the product itself no matter the brand.

So my next palette is Smashbox Cover Shot Metallic Palette. I fell in love with a couple of these palettes from the first time I saw the range, Ablaze and Bold are in my wish list post, but I knew that Metallic would be the one I would never want.

I'm not a fan of metallics, again this comes back to the shimmer/glitter thing. I think I also wouldn't want Smokey. I has a lot of shimmers in it so I don't think I'd go for it.



This next product that I never really understood is a trend that comes and goes every few years, colored mascara. I never got this trend. I don't even get the brown mascara. I just like classic black.



The last palette I want to talk about is the Urban Decay Moondust palette. It is an all shimmer palette. Already a 100% no but I also don't like the fact that the shadow is so shimmery that it looks like it would be very uncomfortable on the eyes.



And the last general product I want to talk about is setting spray. I just don't get it. It's like hair spray for you face. No thank you.






Products Mentioned:

Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Eyeshadow Palette - $36

Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette - $49

Smashbox Cover Shot Metallic Eyeshadow Palette -$29

Smashbox Cover Shot Smokey Eyeshadow Palette -$29

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette - $49

Any Highlighter

Any Lip Gloss

Any Colored Mascara

Any Setting Spray






So those are some products I will never buy. Have you bought them? Did you like them? Do you want to try these products or do you agree with me? What are some products you would never buy? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated! 

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.







Photo Credit: Cover background from unsplash.com and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post is not sponsored. It's obviously it's not sponsored. I'm saying I don't want these products.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...