My Top 10 Classic Red Lipsticks

November 11, 2017


I love classic red lips almost as much as I love berry lips! I love rocking bold lips and bright cherry reds are perfectly bold! Cherry lips go with everything! And now that it is getting colder and winter is coming cherry lips are coming into trend.

Now I'll wear red lips 365 but I definitely wear them more around this time of year. I have a huge lip product collection around 80 or more. So I have a lot of red lippies!












This lipstick has to be at the top of the list! I love this lipstick! It is the perfect classic cherry red! It is truly matte but isn't drying. It's a cool red with blue undertones. It has wonderful pigmentation and wears beautifully!



















This matte lipstick is warmer than Ruby Woo. It has more orange undertones. The formula feels smooth and soft. It is a true matte and wears very well! The mega matte formula isn't too dry for me but might be for some others. You may want to try a liner.



















This lipstick could be a perfect color dupe for the UD Vice 714. The formula of Rimmel's lipstick is creamer and isn't as matte until you blot it down. I love these Rimmel lipsticks! They are super soft and don't dry out your lips. The wear time last forever! They have great pigment and always look great!

















This is a dark red at the first three. It's sort of a blood red. I love the control you get because it's a pencil! It is like a lipstick in a pencil. The formula is soft like a lipstick. Not at all drying. And it is beautifully matte!



















This is a darker shade of the Rimmel Lipstick above. However, this one is not matte and actually has micro-glitter in it. I usually can't step out of my matte comfort zone when it comes to lips but after you blot this down it mattes a little and the glitter peeking out look really good!


























This color isn't much different than 714. But this one is a cream formula so this one is much smoother on the lips. This formula feels like butter. (Mine is in the old Revolution packaging)



















This is the comfort matte formula of the Vice range. This one is a bit creamier than the mega matte. I usually blot it done so it is 100% matte. I love this color. As the name suggests it is a blood red. (Mine is in the old Revolution packaging)
















I love this lip liner! You can wear it under a lipstick or alone! It looks great alone and wears really well. Just beware, once you put it on it's staying on. UD's 24/7 liners really do stay on that long! It pairs perfectly with F-bomb! 
















I have a love-hate relationship with these lip creams. The lighter shades like this one aren't bad but the dark shades come off patchy. I like the colors of these too. Monte Carlo is a cool tone red and Amsterdam is a lighter pink undertoned red. 



























PRODUCTS MENTIONED:

1. MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo

2. Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 714

3. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 111

4. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

5. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 10

6. Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in F-Bomb (Mine is in the old Revolution Packaging)

7. Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Bad Blood (Mine is in the old Revolution Packaging)

8. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Liner in 69

9. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo

10. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam
















What lip products will you be wearing as winter comes upon us? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 







Photo Credit: Photos taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. I don't get to do lip colours too often being that I play a reed instrument for a good part of my life, but when I do I LOVE rocking a bright lip. I had to laugh when reading this because great minds think alike... Currently sitting in my makeup bag: Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 10

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...