Christmas Music That Makes the Season | My Christmas Playlist | Christmas 2017

November 15, 2017


I usually start humming Christmas songs around June and listen to the songs by August. I managed to hold myself back from listening to my Christmas playlist until November 1st at midnight this year. Halloween was officially over and I couldn't wait anymore. I'm surprised I lasted that long! But I am making up for the lost time as I've been playing my playlist on a loop since the 1st.

I have a huge playlist and it grows every year. However, there are 13 songs in particular that I have to listen to every year or it doesn't feel like Christmas. They are my absolute favorite Christmas songs! To me, they make the season! I can't help but sing along when they come on!





1. Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade

I actually only heard this song for the first time in 2013. It's not as popular here in the US as it is in the UK. But I fell in love with it as soon as I heard it and it radiates Christmas vibes!





2. Sleigh Ride - The Ronettes

I adore the opening of this song! My choir did this song in 7th grade and I still remember our dance we had to go along with it. I like this version the best but I also love the Johnny Mathis version.





3. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) -  Michael Bublé

I love Michael Bublé! It wouldn't be Christmas without him! His whole Christmas Album could be in this post. His voice is just so beautiful. I prefer Michael's cover to the Mariah Carey cover. I'm not much of a Mariah fan. I will listen to her cover but don't you dare play All I Want For Christmas Is You. I HATE that song! It's so overplayed! 






4. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee

This song makes me think of the Macy's parade. I love the Macy's parade so much. I love watching it while helping my dad prepare Thanksgiving dinner while watching the parade. We also put up the Christmas Tree and decorate it while the parade is on.

Anyway, this song is almost always in the parade even if it's someone on a float covering it and it really makes me feel like Christmas when it comes on.






5. It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas - Johnny Mattis or Michael Bublé

I love Michael's cover but I also really love the original. I feel all warm inside when this song comes on!






6. Winter Wonderland - Johnny Mattis or Michael Bublé

This song makes me feel all fuzzy too! This song is used in almost every Christmas special on TV here in the US and it really brings the feeling of Christmas. Almost every special has a different artist cover it but my favorites are Johnny Mattis or Michael Bublé.






7.  Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms

I still remember the dance my 7th-grade choir had for this song too! It is when I learned how the grapevine and we had this really fun side too. I can't help but dance when this song is on!







8. Holly Jolly Christmas - Michael Bublé

Michael's version of this song is my favorite. I love the way he sings it! It's so upbeat! And fun fact when I was in 2nd grade we had a Christmas Sing with the whole2nd-grade music class and I still remember that dance too!






9. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

This song is such a classic. Just about everyone has covered it. I love Michael's cover but nothing beats the original! I think just about anyone can identify this song by the opening line! It's just such an iconic Christmas song! It's literally The Christmas Song.






10. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra or Michael Bublé

This is another one that is in almost every Christmas special. It has been covered over and over but Frank Sinatra and Michael Bublé are my favorites. There are some more "poppy" covers which I like ok but nothing is better than the classic way it was sung.







11. Deck the Hall - Nat King Cole

It is indeed hall and not halls. I still sing halls when singing along though. I think this song has my favorite instrumental. It just screams Christmas to me. It is my favorite Christmas Background music.

I like a lot of the covers and tend to jam to them all but Nat's is the best in my book.







12. Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard 

This is another one I hadn't heard until 2013. It's another UK song that wasn't very popular here in the US. I really love it! I love the vibes in the UK Christmas songs!







13. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams

This song really gets me into the Christmas Spirit! It just all around feels like Christmas! I can't really explain it. It just fills me with Joy and Christmasy love! 








Honorable Mentions

12 Days of Christmas - Big Cosby or The Muppets

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Thurl Ravenscroft

Here Comes Santa Claus - Gene Autry

Run Rudolph Run - Chuck Berry

Jingle Bells - Dean Martin

Happy Holiday - Bing Crosby

Mele Kalikimaka - Bing Crosby

Feliz Navidad - José Feliciano

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Gene Autry

Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Michael Bublé









If you want to jam all of my favorite Christmas songs you can find My Ultimate Christmas Playlist on YouTube. Spotify doesn't have all the songs I listen to or I'd make a Spotify playlist. The playlist I listen to is actually on Google Play Music since I can download it with my YouTube Red subscription.

My Ultimate Christmas Playlist has all of the songs in this post and so many more! I'm always adding to it too! What are your favorite Christmas songs? Let me know in the comments below! I'd love to find some new faves to add to my playlist!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 










Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. it seems we share the same taste in music ZombieGoddess Beauty your christmas playlist looks more or less like mine thanks for sharing this awesome article

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...