I Hate Summer

August 16, 2017


It's hot, it's muggy, it's humid as hell. I hate it. So today since there is about 2 months left in Summer and I'm dreading it I thought it'd be the perfect time to go on a little rant about why I hate summer.


1. It's hotter than the pits of hell.

Where I live it gets 90+ degrees fahrenheit in the summer. I hate the heat! I would much rather be freezing than overheating as it is much easier to warm up than to cool down. I love cozy jumpers and hot drinks. I love fall and winter and the early days of spring aren't bad either. It's when it get's hotter than humanly habitable that I'm out.

I love being slightly chilly. During the summer I turn my bedroom into a meat locker with my AC unit. If I get cold I put on some PJ pants and a jumper. It's very nice.



2. It's sweaty.

With intense heat comes sweat and I hate it. I overheat very easily so I sweat easily. It is gross. I end up hot, sticky, wet and stinky. 

Any you know that deodorant never works. I even try baby powder sometimes and it still doesn't work for long. It's why I live in a meat locker all summer long.




3. It's muggy.

If you have never heard the term, muggy means when it's so hot and humid you can feel the air separate as you walk through it and you can feel the wetness in the air stick to your skin. It feels like as you walk you can feel yourself leaving a hole in the air. It's like how you imagine fog would feel like, it's thick, hot and sticky.





4. It's humid.

This ties into the last one but when it's really humid the air feels sticky and wet and makes the temperature feel even hotter. When it's really humid the air makes me instantly sleepy. I'll take my stale AC air over fresh air any day when it's humid.





5. Bugs.

Every bug known to mankind comes out in the summer. You can't step out the door without a mosquito biting you. You a nat landing on you. And here in my part of the US we have sweat flies that land on you and bite like mosquitoes. They are tiny like little nats and kind of look like bees so some people call them sweat bees.

Spiders come out even more than usual and all the stinging MFers are out to get you. I swell up very badly if I get stung by anything so I'm also on the lookout for wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, non-honey bees and anything else that can sting.





6. Fireworks

If you live in the US in states where you can buy fully fledged fireworks and set them off yourself than you know how annoying it is when everyone buys a f-ton of them and you have to listen to them the week leading up to and the week after the 4th of July and the same thing around Labor Day and Memorial day.

When your next door neighbors are letting off explosives less than 20 feet away from your house from dusk until all hours of the morning it gets old very fast. Bombs going off at 2AM is not something I want to deal with!





7. Grass.

Everyday someone different is cutting their grass. Either with a weed-eater or a riding/push mower and it drives me bananas! Day in and day out all summer long there is this constant sound of grass being cut. Weed-eaters are the worst though. They sound like a chainsaw and people hit metal fences and shit with them. The sound of the grass itself is annoying too.





8. All the TV shows are on break.

I hate the summer hiatus! As someone who doesn't really go outside and interact with people I need something new to do when I make myself take a break from blogging/working. I play old episodes of things as podcasts while I work but it gets old.





9. People everywhere.

Kids are out of school, adults are taking vacations. Every is crowded all the time. As an introvert with terrible social skills this is my worst nightmare.





10. The clothes

I'm a jumpers, boots and skinny jeans/leggings kind of gal and summer is too hot for it all. I like wearing shorts but I love skinny jeans and boots/converse better. I also prefer fall colors for my nails and lips but I'll wear a berry no matter the season so that doesn't really count.




11. The heat makes me sleepy.

About halfway through summer, even in my AC meat locker of a bedroom, I start to get really sleepy all the time. I probably wouldn't have even thought of this if I'd written this at the start of summer like I was going to. But the mid-summer sleepiness hit me about a week and a half ago and I can't escape.






The only nice thing about summer is the pretty flowers. Everything else can bugger off. I'll be staying in my meat locker until the leaves start to fall. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I'm so excited that it is almost here! I didn't mean for that to rhyme. I'm so sorry. haha.

Maybe I'll write a post about why I love fall when it starts. It'd be a good contrast to this post.

How do you feel about summer? What do you hate about it? What do you love about it? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 






Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.
**This post was not sponsored

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous17.8.17

    Brilliantly honest! I completely agree! xx
    Madelaine www.mymatchaonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that all the TV shows I like are on their summer breaks, so I can't wait for Fall!! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you may live near my neck of the woods?! I live in Florida, where I have a love/hate relationship with summer! I totally agree with everything you said! And man...we get some big gross bugs in the summer! Nights are the worst to try and get any sleep!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. It has been getting just about as hot up here as it has down there. Speaking of big bugs I just killed a mosquito that legs and all was bigger around than a baseball! It was in the house! I freaked out!

      I hate the south in the summer. My mom's parents live in SC so we used to go to Myrtle Beach to visit every summer. I hated the heat. I'm so glad fall is coming!

      xoxo Much Love,
      Cassie

      Delete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...