My Unpopular Opinions About Harry Potter

August 24, 2017


Every fandom comes with unpopular opinions. People who love something like Harry Potter or Supernatural form strong opinions about their fandoms. A lot of people tend to hold the same opinions and if you hold the opposite opinion it can be hard to argue for your side.

Today I want to share some of my unpopular Harry Potter opinions because I realized when writing my Harry Potter tag that I have quite a few. So here are some opinions about Harry Potter and some of the reasons I have them.



I hate Dumbledore.

I wrote a whole post about this one. He used Harry as a pawn and a weapon and never cared about his safety. You can read the whole post here about why I hate him. If I went over it all again here we'd be here forever.




I like Draco.

This is another one I wrote a whole post about. Draco doesn't have a heart of gold but he is misunderstood. Kids can be assholes. By the time Draco was old enough to know better he had to keep up the act to stay alive.

People look at him as the boy who made all the wrong choices but he was the boy who never had a choice. You can read the whole post here because again I'd be going on forever if I recapped the whole thing here.




I don't really like James Potter.

He became a nicer guy after Lily but he was still an asshat. He isn't a terrible person but he just comes off wrong and I feel like even after they were grown up when the Marauders got together they would have still acted kind of douchy. Like those guys that were asses in high school and college and are nice guys alone but still asses when they get together. 

James and Sirius anyway. Remus always seemed like he liked them because they were nice to him.He always seemed like the one that tried to get them to be nicer. Like he was just along for the ride. And the fact that they became Animagi for Remus is sweet but they were still bullies.

Draco might have been a bully but he never used magic on people like James did to Snape. And Draco grew up a lot sooner than James did. I can't really see what Lily saw in James. She made him a better man but I just feel like he might still revert back to that guy when he's alone with the Marauders.





Goblet of Fire is my least favorite.

I love all of the books/movies but GOF is my least favorite. It took me forever to read the book. Over a year. And the movie is my least favorite too. I can't really tell why to be honest. I just don't like it as much as the others.





Draco should have been Ravenclaw.

The hat never touched his head. It went on name alone. I firmly believe that he wouldn't have been in Slytherin if the hat had touched his head. Sure he was a bit of an ass as a kid but it was because of how he was raised. If he had been placed in a different house he would have been disowned and he would have lost that attitude when he made different friends. A lot like Sirius.

I believe he should have been Ravenclaw because he was 2nd in classes behind Hermione. He was wicked smart. He was too much of an ass to be a Hufflepuff and he hasn't got the bravery for a Gryffindor.

He would have been much better off if he'd been put in a different house.




I don't really ship any of the Golden Trio together.

Ron and Hermione don't really make sense to me. I can't really tell why. It just doesn't seem like the right fit. It works but it feels like there could be a better match for them. And Harry and Hermione really doesn't seem right at all. They are best friends. They love each in a way that could never be romantic.

I don't really like Harry and Ginny either. The movies just seem to force them together. And the book doesn't do much better. It just seems to happen all of a sudden. As if when she was writing Deathly Hallows JK was like "oh no, the story is almost over and Harry doesn't have a partner... uhh... Ginny! That will work. She had a crush on him. Forget that she dated Dean and Neville. She's only ever liked Harry. That will work."

Harry was Cho's rebound so that never would have worked. I kind of like the idea of Harry and Luna. Neville and Ginny. Hermione and George or Fred because he shouldn't have died! I think one of them would be good for her. Whichever one she was with would loosen her up a bit.

I'm not sure who I'd ship Ron with. There weren't many other main females in the series, are there? I do like Ron and Hermione but I think there are better fits. I haven't read the series in forever so I'm sort of basing this of the movies. I might ship them more after I finish re-reading the books.




Hagrid is underrated.

Ok so this isn't an unpopular opinion but it needs to be said. Hagrid was amazing and he only ever cared about Harry. Hagrid was amazing and sweet and kind. He is very underrated and underappreciated.

Harry named his child after the horrible man Albus Dumbledore but not Rubeus Hagrid? The man that saved him from the life with the Dursley. The man who only ever cared about Harry's well being. Why isn't Lily's middle name Minerva? At least she cared about him!

At least Albus's middle name is after Snape. Snape questioned Dumbledore's every move. He worried about Harry's well being. Dumbledore didn't.








I think that's enough for today. I want to limit how many unpopular opinions I share at once. I have a lot of unpopular geek opinions. I've already shared some that you can check out here. I have a bunch more so expect another post at some point.

Do you have any unpopular opinions about Harry Potter? Do you agree or disagree with my opinions in this post? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 






Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.
**This post was not sponsored

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your unpopular opinions! I agree with you about a few things here. Definitely about Draco - I really started to sympathise with him towards the end. He was clearly so afraid of the life he'd been forced into, and I think you're right that if he'd been given a chance in another house he would have had a very different outcome.
    I also ship Harry with Luna and Neville with Ginny! Much better matches.
    Also, Hagrid is amazing.
    Gina'x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with majority of your points. When I was reading Harry Potter and we were still waiting for new books to come out I sort of believed that Hermione and Draco are gonna end up together. Oh well

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...