Monthly Favorites | August 2017

August 29, 2017


How is August over already? What is happening! I feel like time speeds up more and more the older I get. It seems like this year started not that long ago and now it is 2/3 of the way over!

Despite not knowing where this month went I still managed to have a bunch of favorites this so let's get to it!


BEAUTY


Sinful Colors Nail Polish

I'm mentioned this polish last month and I'm mentioning it again because I'm obsessed with it. I have 4 colors so far and I love them so much! I'm so excited to have discovered them! I just wish I didn't have to go all the way to Target, a 45 minute drive, to get new shades. I wish Target had a lower free shipping rate.




Rimmel London Maxi Bronzer - Face and Body Bronzer

No one is talking about this bronzer! It isn't on sale anywhere online and it's not on Rimmel's website. I thought I was going insane. It took about 30 minutes of searching on Twitter and Instagram to find other people who had it. I thought I might have gotten it on accident. Like the store put it out to early or something.

Anyway it is a matte bronzer with three tones in the pack and it looks really pretty! It's smooth and blends nicely. If you can find it, it's well worth the by. 




Maybelline Matte Ink Lip Color

I love the colors in this line! So far I like the formula. It stains so be careful when applying. I have one of the dark berry shades and it can be a little patchy but can be built up and fixed.




L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara

I haven't giving it a full text yet but I'm loving it based on my first impressions! It is insanely similar to Too Faced BTS mascara. I'll be doing a Product VS on that later. I like it so far and can't wait to test it out more.






TV SHOWS


Riverdale

I have fallen in love with this show! Now I get why everyone swooned over it when it first came out. I love Cole Sprouse and I adore him in this! Everyone on the cast is really talented and I can't wait to see where it goes next! I love the story and I can't wait for more!

I'd say more but I don't want to spoil anything. Check it out on Netflix if you have the chance! It is really good! There are only 13 episodes so it's pretty easy to binge! I may have watched it about 4 times already.




Stranger Things

I'm so late to the party. I kept putting off watching it and then when I tried to watch it I could really get into it. I watch about half of the episodes but didn't really get into it. Then this month I decided to give it another go and finish the season. The second half is so good! I can't wait for season 2 in October!







MOVIES


Death Note (2017)

Ok unpopular opinion I liked the new Death Note. Yes it was vastly different from the manga and anime. It had to be. They were adapting it for a Western audience. The original story isn't western. In American films the good guys always win and that wasn't what Death Note was. They changed it for a Western audience.

It is still really good and they still tell the overall story. They left it open of a sequel and I'm ok with it. I'd be happy to see this version of events continue.

With something like this you have to separate it from the source material and look at it as it's own. And on it's own it is really great! 

I loved Nat in it! I've loved Nat since his Naked Brothers Band days on Nick. I'm so happy to see him acting again and I think he did a great job with Light. He wasn't supposed to be the original Light. And Nat did a great job of keeping to the character while changing him to a western narrative.

I'm going to stop there. I could keep going but I'll just stop there and say I really liked it. People want to be so negative all the time. Just enjoy something and stop complaining.






TECH ACCESSORIES


Popsockets

I am so happy to finally have a popsocket! I love it so much! I haven't dropped my phone since I got it! I seriously can not tell you how much I love them! It is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

They really are movable too! I've switched cases and it still holds perfectly.







OTHER


My Blog Makeover

My blog getting a makeover has been a favorite about 4 or 5 times now. I can never keep it for long. But now I'm really happy with it! I adore my new header! At a quick glance it looks like the moon and I love it! I love my new color scheme! I adore these 2 shades of purple!




The County Fair

I go to the County Fair every August! I loved it this year! I finally go to see the Demolition Derby. It was insane! A car flipped and to cars backed into each other so hard the back end of their cars lifted off the ground! No one was hurt. Everybody walked away unscaved.

I had lots of awesome fair food and got to ride some rides. I got to pet some horses and some pigs. It was a really fun day! 







What did you love in August? Let me know what you loved and what I should try next month in the comments down below!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 









Photo Credit: Cover Photo - Photo taken by me with an iPhone 5S and edited in Photoshop bme.

**This post was not sponsored**

2 comments:

  1. Aw such lovely things, your new header is so gorgeous! Wahhh it gets even faster as you get even older, you blink and months just happen xD xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  2. August has gone so fast hasn't it! - I enjoyed reading this post, I love a favourites post. I guess im just nosey. ha.
    Two of my faves this month are - #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso book! & my BH cosmetics rose gold make up brushes!

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...