I Love Well Written Villains

September 05, 2017


My favorite characters in movies,TV shows or books is almost always one of the bad guys and the characters everyone hates. I am a sucker for a great villain.

I am cursed to hate beloved characters and love hated characters.



I don't know why I love villains so much! Maybe it's because I really love the chaos they bring. And being the bad guy is always more fun. I can't imagine how much fun Jared Leto and Heath Ledger had playing The Joker. And how much fun Jeffery Dean Morgan is having with Negan.

Villains have more fun. They get to destroy things and fight people and do all of the things good people just can't do. It seems like playing a villain is the most fun in the world. Who wouldn't want to be evil for a day?

I fall for villains almost instantly. I don't fall for all villains but with some I just can't help it. Some of my absolute favorite villains are The Joker, Negan from The Walking Dead, Draco Malfoy (not really a villain but hated), Lucifer from Supernatural, Any Evan Peters AHS character, and Moriarty, especially BBC Sherlock). 



I have loved The Joker and hated Batman for as long as I can remember. I love the Joker and Harley Quinn! I love their insanity! I love that we never really learn The Joker's real name. I love the Clown Prince of Gotham.

As for Batman I never understood why he was considered a Superhero. The only thing "super" about him was that magic belt that somehow always had the gadget he needed even if he didn't know what villain he was fighting. I could rant about Batman all day long but I save that for another time because I feel like that would get quite long very quick.


I fell for Negan while reading the Walking Dead comics and I couldn't wait for him to get on screen. There is something about his personality that really caught me. I loved the new sense of fear he brought to the story and I love where his arc goes. I love the way he has a you can't f**k with me attitude. I am in love with how Jeffery is playing him and I can't wait for season 8 next month!


I did a whole post on why I love Draco. Short version is he is a kid who never got a choice. It was be a terrible Voldemort loving death eater or die. I feel really bad for him and really just want to free him from that life. Free him long before the battle of Hogwarts. You can check out the full post here if you are in the mood for some Harry Potter content and Draco love!


Luci! I feel like I really need to explain this one. Almost every Supernatural fan loves Lucifer. I think it's mostly that we love Mark's portrayal but also the way they tell his story. They almost make him likable.. Almost. We all like him because we are a bit crazy. And again I think it's that he can do absolutely anything and don't f**k with me vibe that comes with a villain. The SPN fandom refers to him as a puppy... We have become a very twisted group.


Who doesn't love Evan Peters? He always plays his AHS characters amazingly! And while not all of them are villains his villain characters are the best! I loved James Marsh and Tate so much!


Moriarty from the BBC Sherlock is another villain the fans love and call an adorable puppy. I love the classic Moriarty too but Andrew plays the character so well! He delivers lines so beautifully! And if you've ever seen him in interviews you will be amazed how a sweet little puppy like him can turn into Jim Moriarty but he does it in the blink of an eye.


The list goes on and on. I love villains a lot more than most heros. I'd much rather play a villain than a good guy. Villains have all the fun!

Do you like any villains? Are there any hated characters you love? Would you rather play the villain or the good guy? Let me know your thoughts in the comments down below!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 






Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.
**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...