Finding A Balance Between Working and Life | Mental Health + Me

December 27, 2018


2018 was a bit of a rough year for me. I found it really hard to find the want to write. Even when I had something I wanted to write I just couldn't muster up enough energy to do it. Finding a balance has been a big problem for me in 2018. I opened my Etsy shop and my blog kind of took a back burner.


This past year I've been really tired most of the time. It's felt like I've been making a choice being blog or etsy because I've been having trouble having energry for both. I think it partly do to the fact that doing all 25 days of Blogmas in 2017 made blogging feel like a bit of a chore.

But there was still an issue of being tired. I thought I had to do with my Celiac diease and acciendtal gluten eating but after a few months I was still draggingly tired. I've talked to my doctor about it and we are working it out. I've actually started to feel more like myself in the was week. I actually feel rest when I wake up and I don't spend my days yawning so hard I think I might throw up. Which was a daily thing for awhile.

Anyway I did realize that a partial reason I've been so tired is that there is no balance. I worked on my blog like crazy in 2017 rarely doing anything else. I started 2018 neck deep in graphics I was making for my shop. I started to burn out in May or June and have been trudging ever since.

So I said enough is enough. I sat down and worked out a schedule. Days for blog stuff, days for Etsy stuff and time set aside to relax and do what I want to do. And a day deicated to just writing my book. It's a true passion project but it has taken a back back burner. I want to write more short stories too. 

2019 will be a year good balance being work and life and a year where I focus on my mental health. Noicing when I need breaks. Making my self rest and worry less. I'm starting up some much overdue therapy in January and I'm actually pretty excited about it

And I'm aiming to do better with my physical health too. I'm making room in my schedule for workouts and yoga. I finally started going to the doctor like I should this year and it turns out my allergries were way out of contol. I was a little worked about allergry meds but holy hell I can breath now! I take a handful of pills now but I feel so much better right now that I did at the beginning of 2018.

All and all this year has been a bit of a weird one. It seems to have flown by. I'm working on making a 2019 bullet journal right now. I think I'll include 'a line a day' page in each monthly break down section. That way I can remember my year better. This one has been a bit of a blur.

Thanks so much to everyone who joined me on my blogging journey this year. I hope to make next year bigger and better! I'll be taking a break from uploads until January 3rd to start prep for the new year. See you in 2019!









Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...