Geek Confessions

May 26, 2017


Not to long ago I did a post about my unpopular geek opinions. This is kind of similar. People in geek communities get so offended if you say you have never seen something or read something.

So today I'm going to share some of my geek confessions. The things I've never read or watched.


I have never read or watched Lord of the Rings

It's on my geek bucket list. I want to see it! I'm not one to say I hate a movie without seeing it and I rarely write off a movie or book without trying it first.

From the bits I've seen in trailers and what I've heard around I'm sure I'd like it. I've just never had a chance to watch them. The book are on my list for my next bookstore trip.

And the movies are next on my list as well.




I still haven't finished reading Harry Potter

I have seen all the movies and I've read books 1-5 but I haven't finished the books yet. I think that a part of me doesn't want to because as long as I haven't finished them the story isn't over. Even if I have seen all of the films.

I restarted the series and I have a goal to finish by Harry's birthday. I'm almost done with book 2. I might have to read a like 5 books in one day on Harry's birthday but I really hope to complete that goal. 2 months to go!





I've never seen Classic Who

I've read about the original series but I've never had a means to watch it. I really want to see the old episodes. I mean who isn't up for a 26 season binge watch? If you know of anywhere they are available please let me know!




I've never seen Indiana Jones

I wasn't aloud to watch much as a kid and I didn't know anyone who had the movies so I've never seen them. I'm pretty interested in the story. It's on Amazon Prime Video so I'll be watching a couple on my next movie night.




I've never seen the "classic" Disney Princess Films

I'm not a musical fan. I hated them as a kid. I'm a little more into them not but the themes of the old Disney movies are a bit to strange for me. A girl with falls in love with a buffalo man, a girl who wants to leave her family and friends and kingdom to live on land for a man. A woman who wants to kill a 14 year old girl because she thinks the girl is prettier than her.

I never wanted to watch musicals as a kid and as a adult the stories are too freaking weird for me.






Well that's about all I can think of right now. What treasured geek series have you never experienced? Tell me about it in the comments below! 

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!  

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 






Photo Credit: All photos taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 with a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post is not sponsored**

2 comments:

  1. You NEED to watch LOTR/Hobbit - they're amazing!! I totally get what you mean about Harry Potter though... Once you've read that last page it's over! Wish I could re-read them all as if it was my first time again! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOTR is next on my list to pick-up! I really want to finish HP but at the same time I never want to read that last page!

      Honestly re-reading 1-5 is feeling like the first time. I think the movies have warped my memories of them. I catch myself thinking "wait.. what? That happened?" A lot. I mean I remember the big plot points and twists but the little details feel brand new.


      xoxo Much Love,
      Cassie

      Delete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...