The Liebster Award

May 10, 2017



I was nominated by the lovely Britt of Alternative Speaking. Thank you so much Brit! I'm so excited for my 3rd blog award! Thank you so much to Britt for nominating me! You can check out her post here.



I was so happy when Britt nominated me. I didn't think I'd qualified since my blog is 2 years old. I'm so excited to do this award!

I love doing posts like this. Tags and questions are so fun to do. Reading everyone's answers is always so great!

If you haven't heard of the Liebster Award here is a little more about it and the rules of the award. 



ABOUT THE LIEBSTER AWARD:

The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers from other new bloggers. It’s a way to get our blogs out there and share the love!



THE RULES:

1. Post 11 facts about yourself

2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you

3. Nominate 11 other bloggers

4. Ask them 11 other questions

5. Let them know that you’ve nominated them

6. Be sure to link up with the blogger who nominated you!




11 FACTS ABOUT ME:


1. I would love to go to the moon. Or just space in general.


2. When I was 12 the show "Bones" made me want to be a forensic anthropologist and psychologist. I still really love both but I much prefer computer science, web design and graphic design now.


3. From ages 3-11 I wanted to be a singer. I'm so glad I didn't go down that route. Not because I sing badly or that I don't like it anymore but the idea of touring. I could never do all the press required and tours required to be a singer.


4. I fell down the stairs when I was about 4 or 5 and didn't get hurt more than a bruise. I actually thought it was a dream until recently.


5. I don't really have a favorite solo artist or band. I listen to almost everything. As I'm writing this I have my apple library on shuffle and it's played Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Falling in Reverse and Black Veil Brides. And I pretty sure it's about to play some My Chemical Romance and twenty one pilots.


6. I use so many notebooks for blog stuff and just generally writing things down to stay organized that family members buy me notebooks for Christmas.


7. I bought a water turtle when I was 7. I still have him. He was the size of a quarter and now he is bigger than my face.


8. I'm a huge procrastinator. I am so shocked that I have kept to my upload every other day schedule. Though I am not shocked that I am uploading at 11:30 every night.


9. When I was 4 I used to swallow gum until I ate about 20 pieces and threw it all up. It was a horrifying day.


10. I can turn my foot around backwards. I can do this with both feet but I can not do it at the same time.


11. Keeping on the flexible topic I can sit on the floor with my legs in a circle out in front of me and bend in half touching my the back of my head to my heals. I can also bend my wrist down to touch my thumb to my forearm.






BRITT'S QUESTIONS FOR ME:


1. What inspired you to start blogging?

I started reading Zoella's blog and watching her and other beauty YouTubers and I wanted to share my options of beauty too.




2. What is one piece of advice that you wish someone had given you before starting your blog?

Numbers aren't everything, use your own photos or verified stock photos, and you won't get a following right away and that's ok.




3. What is the most memorable vacation you have ever taken and why?

I've never actually been on a real vacation. My parents used to take me to visit my family every year in Myrtle Beach. But a 12 hour car ride and a week with relatives you don't know isn't really a vacation. A trip that is very similar for a cousin's wedding doesn't really count either.




4. What is your go to fuel – Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate or some other glorious provider of energy when needed?

I actually don't get a energy boost from coffee or tea. I've drank so much growing up that I've kind of become numb to it. That probably isn't good for my heart but I adore coffee and tea hot or cold is amazing.




5. What is your favourite social media platform, and why?

Either, Twitter because it is so easy to connect with people or YouTube because of all the great content creators on the platform. I never watch traditional media anymore.




6. If you could design your ‘perfect day’ what would it look like?

Either, a chilly rainy day with a hot cup of tea, a good book and a throw blanket with thunderstorms all day and amazing lightning at night or a bright but cool spring day with nature all bright and alive. I'd also love a bright cold winter day where everything is crisp and bright.




7. In what ways do you inspire yourself to come up with new content?

I read other bloggers, browse pinterest, look through my makeup collect, look through twitter, and sometimes I just think of ideas with no clue where they came from.




8. What is the one app on your phone you couldn’t live without?

Twitter or YouTube. Or maybe my music. I'm always listening to something.




9. What is your favourite band or artist?

As I said in my facts I don't really have a favorite. I love so much music. I do get certain songs or artists or bands suck in my head. I can't stop singing their songs. The artist I currently can't get out of my head is Adele. Like actually can't. 'Someone Like You' has been in my head non-stop for almost 2 weeks. I'm going insane. I scream every time I catch myself reading it.




10. What is your favourite childhood memory?

My aunt had a house out in the county and we went there almost everyday when I was a kid. She died when I was 9 or I'd probably still be going there are most every day. I always loved to sit out and look at the stars and listen to the crickets and the tree frogs and the birds. We used to sit on her screen porch every night in the summer. I loved it there.





11. Do you have any major blogging goals for 2017? If so, what are they?

I have a few. I want to upload 75-100+ posts in 2017. This little one is 74! I also want to upload every other day. So far I've done it! I did a 2017 Goals post in January and then an updated blog goals post for my blog's birthday in April. I can't believe how well I've been doing.







MY NOMINEES:


  1. Andrea

  2. Jessica

  3. Beth

  4. Holly

  5. Tania

  6. Kitten Wolfheart

  7. Gemma

  8. Emily

  9. Alice

10. Celeste

11. Lyd






MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:

  1. Why did you start blogging?

  2. Where is your blog name from?

  3. Do you still blog about the same things as when it started out?

  4. What is your favorite book you've ever read?

  5. What TV show have you watched that you wish had never ended?

  6. What book series do you think should have been turned into a TV show?

  7. If you were given the chance to do anything in the world what would you do?

  8. What is one movie you think never should have had a sequel?

  9. What movie should have gotten a sequel but never has?

10. What is your dream vacation?

11. If you had the chance to go to space, would you?




Thanks so much for reading about this blog award! Thanks again to Britt for nominating me! Make sure you check her out! And check out my nominees too!

I want to know your answers to my questions for my nominees! Answer them in the comments below!







**This post is not sponsored**

4 comments:

  1. OmG re fact #9. Right there with on Stationery and notebooks. Love your advice on Q#2 I barely cope with posting twice a week. �� Loving your work. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah!

      #9 was a pretty fun time. Notebooks and stationery are such a useful thing to collect aren't they?

      I'm honestly not sure how I upload every other day. I'm definitely going to have to change my schedule next year.

      xoxo Much Love,
      Cassie

      Delete
  2. How did I not comment on this until now???? Oh ya - school happened hahaha!
    Loved reading through your answers and learning a little more about you!
    I love that awards like this help us bloggers to really connect on a deeper level than just whatever we blog about!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tags and awards too! It's great to get to know your favorite bloggers a little more! I always enjoy a blog more when I know the blogger a little better!


      xoxo Much Love,
      Cassie

      Delete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...