Harry Potter | The Boy Who was Forgotten

July 31, 2018


In honour of Harry’s Birthday today I thought it’s time I do a character focus on the Chosen One. So where to begin. I have lots of feeling but let’s start off with the reason this title is “The Boy Who Was Forgotten”


It’s no many years after the books and movies have finished and we all still talk about the story and the characters. One thing to come up quite often is “who’s your favourite character?” I even included it in my Harry Potter Tag I made a year ago today. So when the question is asked what’s your answer. Despite being the namesake character Harry is rarely peoples choice for favourite character.

Why? Title characters are usually the favourites. But Harry is almost forgotten. People go for Hermione, or Ron or Fred & George. Personally, mine’s a time between Fred & George as one entity and Draco. But pour sweet Harry gets left out in the cold.

Well, today I’m going to give Harry some appreciation. That may turn into some story analyzation and/or rant.

Harry is so kind and sweet. He could have easily turned into a hateful and dark wizard. Dumbledore left him in an abusive household to make sure he would stand against Voldemort easily. Dumbledore ruined Harry’s childhood to make a perfect weapon. But that easily could have backfired. If Harry had found out the plan early on he could have ended up resenting Dumbledore and the resistance and gone on to be the darkest Lord of them all.

My hatred for Dumbledore aside, Harry grew up to be kind and caring. From the moment it seems like something evil is arising he is the first to try and stop it. He is a true Gryffindor.

I think one of the reasons why Harry isn’t a quick go-to favourite is because he really can’t do anything by himself. Without Ron and Hermione, he would have died first year. People sort of dismiss him because, in the end, he was a weapon. Hermione and even Ron at times were the brains of the operation.

Harry isn’t the smartest needle in the box. He isn’t the best with spell or enchantments. Except casting a Patronus. But that’s because that is more feelings than skill.

And that is ultimately why Harry can win over Voldemort. He has more passion and love that Tom could have hoped for. He has more emotion behind his spells.

Sweet, kind and brave Harry was raised to be a weapon and he lived up to that. But JK didn’t give him much room to be anything else. She didn’t grow his character all that much. And I believe that is why he is rarely people’s favourite character. Because for a namesake character he lacked just that.

In the movies at least. Book-wise JK did give him some sass and wonderful moments but ultimately he was still a weapon. He didn’t grow much or have a lot of character development. He just wasn’t the kind of character that is a favourite.

What are your thoughts on Harry? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 










Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.


**This post was not sponsored** 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...