Diary Entry 2

August 16, 2018


Hello Everyone! It feels like ages since I wrote my First Diary Entry. It's only been like 2 months but I've been so run down lately that it feels like ages between blog posts. After last month's Harry Potter marathon I feel a lot better. So I thought now on my re-entry into "normal" posts it would be fun to do another diary entry. Just talk out my recent thoughts and feelings. So let's just jump into it.

I've been having a rough time the last couple of months my drive to blog has gone up and down. I've gone from not feeling up to writing for weeks to writing like 4 posts in a day. I've been play catchup with myself since March. I've actually been playing catchup this week. I wrote like 5 Harry Potter posts and backdated them. I was going to backdate this post too but I've realized if I keep backdating them I'm never really going to catch up and I'll be drowning in them forever.

So I decided not to and it feels great. Like a life jacket. Like I've finally reached the side of the pool that I've been struggling to keep my head above for months. On top of the blog stuff, this summer has been pretty hard. I've been really sad lately. I wasn't really sure why. Just really sad. Then 3 weeks ago my sister got a kitten. I've been wanting a cat for 10 years since the cat we'd had since I was born died. I became hysterical for a week.

Then this tiny little black kitty came walking up to my mom. He was out in the middle of nowhere the pads on his back feet were all scabbed up and he had scars on his back legs. My mom took him in and brought him to me. He's such a sweet little guy! He was already litter trained and loves to cuddle with me. He's sleeping on my back as I write this.

I've been a little busy with him. If you didn't know, raising a kitten is like having a toddler that can reach the counter. He's insanely curious. He jumps on everything, loves to play with anything he can bat at and loves wires. Keeping him from breaking things has been a bit of a full-time job the last few weeks.

His name is Salem Groot Saberhagen as he looks just like Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch TV show. Groot is his middle name because I have been wanting to name an animal Groot since I saw Guardians for the first time. I mostly call him Squish or Squige. Becuase his furry little cheeks are so squishy. Or Noodle. Because when you pick him up while he's sleeping he flops like a wet noodle. I also call him my little shadow because he will not let me out of his site. Even to go to the bathroom. He also get's called little shit and shithead from time to time when he gets on the table or counter.

He has become the star of my Instagram Stories and a drain to my wallet as I can't stop buying him toys. The last 3 weeks have been the happiest weeks of my 2018. I've waited so long to get another kitty and I've so happy. I couldn't get another when my childhood cat died because my mom's dog was the one that killed her and I couldn't get another while I lived there. I've recently moved in with my dad to help him without around the house and such and he is letting me keep the little guy.




Look at his little face! This is the cleanest photo I've gotten of him while he's awake. I currently shoot my blog photos on the floor and he was very curious about my blog props. He's about 10-12 weeks and so tiny and cute!

Back to the blog I got a new planner a couple weeks ago and planning out content has really made me excited to blog again! I've been planning out new posts like things I've never done. I've also been thinking about the content I've been making. And after some thought, I've decided to stop monthly favourites. I always dread writing it. Not because I didn't love the products and things I'm talking about but it's just such a tedious post to write. I'm going to start doing Current/Recent favourites when there are things I really want to share and doing yearly favourites at the end of the year.

Other than that I've mostly been focusing on my Etsy Store and getting the social media icons up. Which I finally did. Now I'm working on updating and adding more options to the Instagram covers. But I also want to focus on balancing blog stuff, Etsy stuff and general life stuff. I've been burning out a lot this year. I need to find a balance.

I also just updated all my blog graphics and I couldn't be happier! I started the purple and gold watercolour design when making a header for my YouTube channel that I want to start and I decided to expand it to all my graphics. I had a lot of fun making a new header, new social buttons, new continue reading buttons, new back to top button, new logo, I also finally changed my profile photo. It's so refreshing. It's lighter and airier. I love it all so much!

All and all I'm in a really good place at the moment. I'm a new cat mom, I'm happy with where my blog is at, I've decided to let go of trying to catch up to where my blog "should be" and it all feels great! So here is to a new era of ZombieGoddessBeauty. 

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 










Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.


**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...