I've fallen back in love with Instagram

April 22, 2018


When Instagram changed the algorithm it kind of turned me away a bit. That coupled with the lack of content because of a blogging break I sort of stopped using Instagram almost altogether for a few months.

Then in December 2017, I started posting to my story daily and it really started a new interest in the platform. After a couple months, I started posting to my feed again. I started posting every day again!

I started having fun on Instagram again. I stopped worrying so much about the numbers and more about sharing things I like. I want to slowly start moving away from a tightly constructed theme.

I want to have more fun and post cool things without worrying about a theme or a niche. I still want to have a pretty feed but I want to take it back a little to what Instagram used to be. Sharing things about you and about what you like.

Just like my blog back in early 2017, I let go of the niche idea and I'm having a lot more fun! I don't always post to my feed daily but I post to my story every day! I'm finally enjoying Instagram again and it makes me so happy!

I've also started setting up alerts for when my faves post or making a point to check their accounts. The algorithm is still shit but I've decided I won't let that stop me from enjoying the platform I've loved for years!

I'm debated on having a little look through the accounts I follow and having a little clear out of inactive accounts and accounts I'm not in love with. If I whittle down my following pool the algorithm will have no choice but to show me the people I want to see.

But that cares a whole thing. I talked out this on twitter recently. My thread read as follows,

Just because someone doesn’t follow a ton of people on Instagram doesn’t mean that they don’t have an organic following. I personally only follow a few bloggers, some YouTubers, and people I know.

Instagram is different than Twitter. You see far less content on Instagram than Twitter. I follow accounts because I’m interested in them. Not because they followed me or I think they will follow me back. I struggle to see the posts I want to see now.


I’m not going to put more accounts on top “because they followed me” What happened to following someone because you like their content? Personally, I still follow for the content on Twitter too but I guess I’m the only one who does.

I’ve recently debated on giving my follow pool a clean out on Insta so I can better see the content I want but I’m too afraid someone is going to say I’m playing follow/unfollow or “call me out” for being a “spammer” account because I don’t follow “enough” accounts.

When did follow to followers become a ratio you have to keep to in order to be seen as an organic account? Surely following accounts you don’t really have an interest in is more fake?


And I really stand by those tweets. Thanks to the follow/unfollow and follow for follow games people think you need to follow like 50%+ people back. I never got into this to play a numbers game. So I'm just going to be over here creating content I love and being happy that someone out there is seeing it and enjoying it.

Anyway, on a happier note, you can check out my insta to see what content it brings over then coming weeks. It's linking all over the place on this blog.

What are your current thoughts on Instagram? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 









Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...