Brands I was Surprised were NOT Cruelty Free

May 15, 2020



Like a lot of newbie CF consumers, I made some assumptions on brands cruelty-free status. But I learned quickly from research that a large number of well-known brands aren't CF. Some just seem like "why wouldn't they be CF" Some have whole campaigns about being clean and fresh products. It seems like brands like that would be CF right?











Fresh is a skincare brand. The name makes it sound like such a clean brand. And they have dye-free and a lot of their products are marked with "clean at Sephora"  It just feels like a brand that is so big on "Fresh" products would be cruelty-free. Am I crazy here?




















Another clean skincare brand. You just kind of expect a clean brand with no dyes or fragrances to be CF you know?















Same as Fresh. I just kind of expected clean beauty to be CF.













Feel like I'm being too repetitive. Clean beauty seems like it would be CF. You just can't assume guys.














I'm not really sure why I assumed Benefit was CF. Maybe because it is so closely associated with Too Faced who is CF (owned but non-CF but still CF themselves) But honestly I think I just feel into the trap of "oh high-end must be CF because it's more expensive" or something.













I think it's kind of the same thing of "high end must be CF." I also didn't think that Sephora was sold in China but it is.









Again not really sure why I just assumed that Maybelline was CF. I think I kind of just assumed a lot of brands would be CF because I had no idea so many western brands are sold in China.














I think Rimmel is the same. I just didn't think so many western brands are sold in China.













I think with MAC I was just shocked that such a big brand isn't CF but now that I think about it is less shocking that all these huge brands sell in China. It's huge market and there is a lot of money there. But I can't support a company that pays for animal testing.





























The same goes for these three. I just didn't think huge brands wouldn't be CF. Turns out the bigger the brand the more likely they are to sell in China.













So this is an add on. Everyone in the CF community was shocked when we found out that WnW was secretly selling in China. They lost their CF status with most of us and it really sucks because there were such an affordable CF brand.



That even up a lot longer than I expected. What brands were you surprised were not Cruelty-Free? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!







Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

2 comments:

  1. simple isn't CF? I honestly feel like i'm not sure in terms of what brand is what anymore!

    https://www.lucyjadewrites.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple sells in mainland China unfortunately.

      Delete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...