Diary Entry 6

May 09, 2020



Wow, it has been quite a while since I sat down to write a blog post. I can't seem to stay on the blog train. This year has been a rough one for all of us, hasn't it? I lost my will to just about anything in January. I've been struggling to even fill the occasional Etsy order. But I think I'm finally ready to get back into the blogging world. And get back to my Etsy stuff and maybe YouTube too. 

Quarantine has been kicking my butt. I've felt more rundown than ever this last 2 months. But I finally decided today that enough was enough. I need to kick my own butt and make myself create again. I did have a good art week last month where I finally made some new pieces and I want to do more for sure. I'm even planning a Shop update for them! So now would be a great time to send me ideas for art you'd like to see! I want to make prints and stickers! Maybe more too if you guys show interest in something. I also want to update and add to my ready-made graphics.

The middle of quarantine might seem like a bad time for a life update style post but a stream of conciseness seemed like the perfect way for me to get into the groove again. Just sitting down and letting the words flow. I need to get my mind into the writing mindset again.

I've spent a good bit of lockdown researching Zero Waste products; while watching an exorbitant amount of YouTube. I love the idea of reducing my waste. Anything I can do to reduce my contribution to Garbage Island is a win! I'm going to try to order from Etsy as much as I can so I can support other Makers. I've got my eye on Cotton Rounds, Period Pads, Nail Polish Pads, flannel toilet roll and produce mesh bags, grocery totes, and beeswax food wraps. I've already switched to "bar rags" instead of paper towels and sponges. And I'd love some suggestions for other things I can switch to! And If you guys want to follow my journey to Zero Waste, I'll be posting about it here as products arrive. 

Oh, something else exciting! If you don't follow me on other socials you would have missed that I dyed my hair pink! I love it! It's a regular box dye so I was able to just right over my roots. The roots ended up a deep raspberry pink and it fades lighter from there. I love love love it! It took so well! I think I might love it more than the purple and blue! Or at least that it's a permit dye. It's not going to fade away to a gross shade of blonde. I love that! I haven't used a box dye forever. I got how easy it was to just mix and toss in your hair! I didn't have to fuss with bleaching it first. I just mixed and slathered it into my hair and it took beautifully!

When I'm not glued to my iPad watching YouTube I'm glued to Disney Plus. I can not tell you how amazing it is! I've been watching so many shows from my childhood! And all the Marvel! Except for MCU Spidey which Sony won't let Disney Stream. But I have him on Digital on Vudu so it's not a huge deal for me. I've been watching the MCU films like crazy! I think I might actually turn one on when I finish this post and watch it while I do some graphics work.

Ummm. What else have I been up to? I've been posting to my IG stories. Like a lot. My stories are so long these days. I think I'm just doing it to keep myself awake. This whole lockdown thing has become so mind-numbing. Like I'm not even someone who like to leave the house but this is all starting to get to me. And god I hate going to the store right now. My dad and I both have health issues so we have to be extra safe when we go out. He had some N95 masks because of what he works on and they were open with only a few left so we wear those to the store with thick rubber glove my dad also had from work. My hands get so sweaty and it's so hard to breathe the hot air if the mask. Living through a historical moment fucking sucks.

To change gears a bit, how many of you are playing Animal Crossing? I've been watching the shit out of it as I am one of the unlucky people who does not have a Switch. And I'm not about to pay $200+ over retail for one. Those people who bought them up to markup can go fuck themselves. So anyway I hope you guys can enjoy your AC a little extra for me today.

So really I've just been board out of my mind. I didn't realize how much I depended on all my doctor appointments to keep me sane. I've lost tracks of the days honestly. Anyone have any tips on how to keep me sane in these timeless times? Please share in the comments so we can all stay a little saner together!

Oh, I guess I can include a kitty update! Salem and Luna are getting along so well! They groom each other lots and are always laying together. Sometimes Salem plays a bit to ruff but Luna jumps right back on top of him once she gets away for a second. Their birthdays are this month! I'm so excited to celebrate! I don't know their exact dates so I decided Salem would be May 13th since he's a black cat he should get a chance to have a Friday the 13th birthday. And Luna will be on the 21st. I just picked it because I like the number 21.

Both cats are growing really great. Salem is starting to get a little chonkers so we've been trying to keep his treats to 2 times a day instead of every time he cries. Well, I am doing it but my dad caves too often. He cries for them all the time. It's all he wants to eat. He seriously acts like we never feed him. Even tho he gets AM and PM wet food and has dry out all the time. I might need to start hiding the treats from my dad. Lol.

Luna is getting bigger every day. She's still getting longer and filling out. But I think Salem has reached his max length. But he is determined to stretch out his mix width. Hahaha. The kitties bring so much happiness to my soul!

I've already picked out a cat cave for Salem's birthday but I'd love some suggestions for Luna! The cat cave is much needed as both cats keep climbing into the hole at the back of the couch and making it bigger. I need a borrow ASAP. I'd love some small business recommendations too! I love to support my fellow makers!

So yeah. Nothing really big happening at the moment. Life is pretty much at a standstill you know? What have you guys been doing to keep busy in quarantine? How are you keeping sane? I'd love some tips! Save me!


Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!







Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...