The Anti-Favourites Tag

June 22, 2019


It has been so long since I've done a tag! This post has been on my list for ages. I love all the anti-hauls. We all spend so much time suggesting products we love we never really tell people what we don't like. Well, today I want to change that. I swear I've seen a video with Anti-Favourites questions but I sent 2 hours yesterday looking for it and couldn't find it so I just wrote some new questions my self. Let's jump in, shall we?



1. What is your least favourite lip product?

Would you have expected me to start anywhere else? Personally, I hate, no I loathe, lip gloss. I'm all about the pigment, all about the matte. I will wear cream but sheer, glossy. Both are out the door for me.




2. What is your least favourite makeup finish?

This depends on the part of the face. I hate non-matte lipsticks. I don't like dewy foundation, my skin will get dewy enough with oil thanks. But I can bake the shit out of it. I don't like glitter or shimmer bronzer and I'm not a huge fan of blushes like that either. Glitter is for eyes and highlighter dammit!




3. What is your least favourite beauty product(s)? (Like highlighters, glitter, primer, Oil cleansers, hair masks, etc also be specific if you want)

I already said gloss but I'm going to also say scented products. Some just give me an absolute headache as soon as I open them.  And scented eyeshadow? I don't want perfume or fragrance anywhere near my eyes!

Some scents like vanilla or cinnamon in a lippie are ok. If it smells edible that's nice but floral ones make me nauseous. Other light vanilla can be nice but stop with the old lady florals!






4. What is your least favourite beauty trend? (Spider Lashes, Over Plucking Brows, Sharpie Brows, wavy lips, etc)

All my examples TBH. The only beauty trends I'm really into are fall vibes. Berries and reds and browns. That is my everyday aesthetic so it's nice to see inspo all over insta for a few months.






5. What is your least favourite colour to wear on your lips?

I'm not a big fan of nude lips. I love berries and reds and I'm starting to get into blues and greys and purples and I really want to get a black and live out my 14-year-old emo dreams.




6. What is your least favourite product(s) in your collection? (Like product regrets)

The first thing that came to mind was the Revlon "matte" Lip Colour. 1. It isn't matte. 2. The floral in it is nauseating. 3. It's basically a pigmented gloss. it's so sticky and gloppy! It's not even really in my collection. It's collecting dust in a drawer.

Other than that the other thing that comes to mine are the Benefit They're Real Lip liner lipsticks. They do not create an ombre effect and the "lipstick" is basically lipgloss. The pigment isn't there for the liner or the lipstick and the lipstick is do wet and sheer. These are also collecting dust. They are really pretty so I'm going to use them for decorations when I get my shelves up. $35 decorations.

What's something that I have in my collection but never really reach for? hmmm. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer. It just never worked for me. My circles aways showed through and I always ended up putting another concealer on top no matter how much Age Rewind I had layered on. It's still in my vanity drawer but I'm not sure why. I never liked it. And since I'm CF now I'm definitely not going to be buying any other Maybelline concealer.





7. What is your least favourite technique/step you skip?

I've never lined my lips. I wear mostly matte high pigment so I've never seen a need for it. I don't hate it I just don't have a need for it really.






8. What is your least favourite product you've ever tried?

Hmmmmmm. There are a lot of things I've tried samples of but I can't really remember one I didn't like off the top of my head. Maybe the Tarte BB cream. I got a travel size at the Ulta checkout line once. I got the shade light but it was so dark for me and so yellow on me. At the time I was also all about full coverage and foundations so a BB cream isn't really something I would have liked at the time. But my sister raves about it so maybe I'll try it again if I try a lighter colour. Tho I haven't had much luck with Tarte bases.

Oh, that's it! Tarte Water Gel Foundation! I loved the formula but OH MY GOD! it turned me into a chocolate factory worker! I seriously belonged on the Jersey Shore. I wore it out of the house like 5 times before I really realized how my face and body looked like 2 different people. I loved the foundation and the colour was nice when applied right away but oh does it oxidize. I'm not surprised they stopped making it.

I might try it again but bake my entire face and see if that stops it. I'm going to try and use it for IG Look photos to use it up. I'll 100% keep the jar for photos forever!





9. What is your least favourite/banned brand(s)? (Beauty or other)

I'm not a huge CoverGirl fan. They aren't banned by any means. I'm not really one to ban a brand unless they are not Cruelty-Free or they are but have shit customer service. Anyway, I'm just not a huge CG fan. I haven't used a lot from them. My sister got me a few shadow singles a few years ago and I got there Lash Bloom mascara when it came out because I wasn't really into mascara at the time and it was supposed to be a soft mascara. Which it was and I loved it at the time. But most of what I tried just lacked lustre. It wasn't bad at all it just didn't blow me away or leaving me needing more. But now that CG has pulled from China and is CF I might have to give them another go.

Other that CG I can really only think of things like I don't buy any skincare with dyes or fragrances. I also don't really buy perfume or fragrances in general. I'm the kind of person who gets a massive headache as soon as a bottle is opened let alone wearing it.

Oh, wait! I have decided to "ban" Wet 'n' Wild after their China debacle that happened this year. They are selling in China knowing full well that one complaint will get a product shoved into a bunny's eye. And they lied to Cruelty-Free Kitty when she asked if they sold in China. They didn't come out and say that they are selling until her post went viral. Then admitted to selling since 2018!

Also after what happened this month, I don't think I'll be buying anything from Jaclyn Hill. Those lipsticks keep getting worse and worse. I've considered getting her Morphie collab but do I really want to buy them knowing part of the money will be going to someone that truly doesn't give a shit about her community? People are finding plastic and metal pieces and being cut. She just keeps making up lie after lie instead of recalling them and admitting she fucked up. No "lab" used white fuzzy gloves, Jaclyn.





10. What product is at the top of your Anti-Haul (will not buy) list?

It's a bit of a copout to say anything that isn't CF. So I'll pick something from a CF brand that I don't want. Now I've done Anti-Hauls twice now. I think I still agree that I don't really want any of the Too Faced Palettes, aside from the Matte Peach. I just don't like the idea of a scented eyeshadow. But also because Too Faced shimmer shadows look so chunky. I think I need to swatch some next time I go to Sephora. But they Matte Peach shades look beautiful!





11. What is your least favourite TV show/TV show you are not interested in?

Ok moving out of beauty now. I have to say I'm not really interested in Black Mirror. I think some episodes are good but some just get too many layers and try to have so many twists that it loses itself.

Also, my answer would have been Breaking Bad which I have watched all the way through. People lost their shit for the finale and I had to know what it was. But after watching Sons of Anarchy it wasn't all that crazy to me. The first episode of Sons of Anarchy had all the crazy moments of Breaking Bad its 43 minutes. However, I'm warming up to it more and more. Though that 5th season is a bit rough. That fly episode. Come on that was way worse than the last season of Game of Thrones that everyone hates. (I liked that season TBH) Anyway, I love Aaron Paul and Jesse! And I've been finding myself wanting to rewatch BB.






12. What is your least favourite movie/movie you are not interested in?

I'll admit last year my answer would be been most of Marvel. I know I'm a fake geek. But I started watching tons of Marvel after Infinity War came out because I wanted to watch it since I love Guardians and I wanted all of it to make sense to me.

So I think my answer is DC movies. I mean I'll probably watch the new Suicide Squad since I love Harley and Joker and the villains of DC aren't bad but please don't make me sit through Batman V Superman or Justice League! I liked the first SS btw. Margot was perfect!





13. What is your least favourite book or book series/book or book series you are not interested in?

I've had the 5th Wave book forever and I've never picked it up. I'm not exactly not interested in it but I keep picking up other things instead. I'm also not that interest in any new Harry Potter content. Not that any is coming out or anything but JK has gone off her rocker. Also, nothing on her Twitter is canon. Please and thank you.

I love Fantastic Beast tho!






14. What is your least favourite genre of music?

Honestly, I'll listen to almost anything. But I'm not a big fan of rap. I'll listen to some but it definitely is the last thing I'd put on if handed an aux cord.






15. What is your least favourite food?

I hate cilantro and avocado. I'm also not a big chipotle fan. I know I'm such bad millennial. I'm also not into seafood and I'm not allowed to eat most of it anyway because of allergies. I also have never cared for pork. I'm actually slowly transitioning into Vegetarianism. Not that I don't like Chicken but I don't want to be apart of eating meat anymore. 

I also don't like bananas. For a long time, the taste made me sick. I like the taste now, in small doses/mixed into something. But I still hate the texture! That still makes me sick. I don't like raw tomato either. It has to be a sauce, ketchup or in something like chilli where it's well seasoned.







16. What is your least favourite social media platform?

Thought I'd toss this one on at the end just because I was curious to see what others answers are. I have a feeling it's going to be pretty swayed in dislike for one platform.

Mine is Facebook. Better know as the Ad Network or Pay to reach your audience. I quit facebook almost 2 years ago I think. I found my page really hard to grow and a lot of my family follow my page so I can't really post blog content there since I share more on here than I'd like them to know so I just stopped posting. Deleted the app and only go on if my sister tells me to look at something.

Let me know what your answer is in the comments.






THE QUESTIONS:

1. What is your least favourite lip product?

2. What is your least favourite makeup finish?

3. What is your least favourite beauty product(s)? (Like highlighters, glitter, primer, Oil cleansers, hair masks, etc also be specific if you want)

4. What is your least favourite beauty trend? (Spider Lashes, Over Plucking Brows, Sharpie Brows, wavy lips, etc)

5. What is your least favourite colour to wear on your lips?

6. What is your least favourite product(s) in your collection? (Like product regrets)

7. What is your least favourite technique/step you skip?

8. What is your least favourite product you've ever tried?

9. What is your least favourite/banned brand(s)?

10. What product is at the top of your Anti-Haul (will not buy) list?

11. What is your least favourite TV show/TV show you are not interested in?

12. What is your least favourite movie/movie you are not interested in?

13. What is your least favourite book or book series/book or book series you are not interested in?

14. What is your least favourite genre of music?

15. What is your least favourite food?

16. What is your least favourite social media platform?







I TAG:

Britt

AlexaJade

Lena

Alicja

Anne

Hannah



Well, that was fun! I also had the idea to do this as a category themed one. So like "least favourite foundation you've tried" "least favourite lipstick you've tried" and so on. I think that could be fun too! Should I make a part 2?

Let me know what your least favourite product is in the comments! I'd love to know what I should avoid!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 







Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.


**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...