A-Z of an Artist

June 13, 2019


A-Z is my favourite version if Get to Know me posts! I love doing these little posts where I just write the first thing that comes to mind when I'm given a letter and a topic. I've done a bunch of these in the past but today I wanted to do something different and do an art-themed one. So this one will probably range from art supplies to artists to painting names to art styles. 



It's been so long since I've done one of these. I can't believe I let it go this long without doing another one!




Acrylic and Abstract

These two go hand and hand for me. Pretty much all of my acrylic work is abstract.





Brushes and Bob Ross

As a mainly watercolour artist brushes are everything! I love Round ones the most.

Bob Ross is one of my favourite painters. I love watching his show while I'm working. His voice is so calming and I love the sound of the brush on the canvas.





Copic Sketch Alcohol Markers

The bane of my existence. These amazing, $7 each, markers might never be in my grasp.






DrawingwiffWaffles

Rin is one of my absolute favourite Artists on YouTube. Check her out!






Erasers

I feel like I'm always buying them. Kneaded Erasers are my favourite. I currently go for the Faber Castel ones because they have a case that protects the eraser from dust and hairs while you art using it. Plus it keeps it clean in your pencil case.






Flowers

One of my favourite things to draw, doodle and just add to every piece of paper I can get a pencil on. I add flowers to so many of my pieces. I think I may have an addiction.






Gel Pens

I love love love white gel pens! Whether I'm adding highlights or writing/drawing on coloured paper I love my white gel pens. my favourite is the Uni-Ball Signo Broad Point Gel Pens.






Home

The thing I've been drawing for the longest I can remember is houses. I drew the front of my house a lot when I was going up and I've been drawing blueprints for my dream home for almost 6 years. I also love drawing semi-realistic artworks of the furniture in my room and know I want to reorganize it.





Illustration

My prefered art style.






Journaling

I have a bunch of art spaces in my Bullet Journal. And I also love creating doodled for my monthly themes!






Kasey Golden

Kasey is another Artist I love watching on YouTube. She's also my favourite watercolour artist!






Left Handed

My pencil lines get all over my hand, my markers stain my palm, more paint gets on my arm than the canvas. Geewiz being a left-handed artist sure is fun!







Makeup

To me, makeup is art on your face! Eyeshadows looks are masterpieces we have to wash away at the end of the day.






New supplies

Nothing beats getting new supplies and trying for the first time. That first swatch is always so damn exciting.







OCs (Original Characters)

Something I've been getting more and more into this year is creating Original Characters. I've always loved making OCs for my writing but now I'm also bringing them to life in an art form.






Pigma Micron Fine Liners

Best fine liners around! They have archival ink and hold up to alcohol markers, watercolour you name it.






Quiet

I can not create in the quiet. I need to be listing to music or watching a YouTube video or listing to an audiobook. I can not handle silence. I'm actually listing to The Greatest Showman soundtrack while writing this post.






Realism

Something I like to so with things like skulls, flowers, scenery and buildings but not people.







Starry Night

Start Night is my favourite painting! I want to go see it next year for my birthday and just stare at it for hours.







Tablet

I love using my Artist tablet with photoshop for digital art. I'm actually saving now for an iPad Air or Pro on Black Friday.







Unique

My favourite thing about art is that no two pieces are the same. Even a copy made by the same artist as the original piece is different. I love that!







Vincent Van Gogh

Van Gogh is my favourite painter in all of history! I love his colour choices and the fact that he layered and layered his paint and didn't brush out his brush strokes. I love the character his pieces have. I dream of seeing one in person.





Watercolour

My favourite medium!






X-ray (Bones)

I love drawing Skulls. Human, deer, dragon, birds. I love them all. I also love skeletal hands. So I think X-ray fits here. There aren't many common words that start with X ok?






Yellow

Colours might be cheating but I wanted to toss this in here because I have a new found love for yellow. The older I get the more I like it. I've found myself wanting to make more pieces with yellows and goldens.







Zodiac

I love drawing stars and Zodiac signs. All things Space in fact!





Do you like art? What are some of your A-Z of an Artist words?

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 







Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...