My feelings about Blogging 4 years Later

June 04, 2019


So ZombieGoddess Beauty turned 4 in April`. I can't believe I've been blogging for 4 years! That is crazy! I almost can't really remember writing that first post. I've learned so much since writing those first words. My writing has gotten better, my photos are 1million times better (I'm writing this before the great reshoot of 2019). I think that my content has improved majorly.


I'm so happy with the content I made in 2017 and beyond. The first two years I mainly focused on Beauty. And since choosing to write whatever I want I've been so proud and happy with my blog! Even with the low points of writer's block or demotivation, I've had it 2018 and 2019 I'm still really proud of my content. I genuinely enjoy the post that I write. And it makes me so happy when I see that you guys have enjoyed it too!


When I first started blogging I didn't really follow any bloggers, I wasn't familiar with the blogging community. I didn't know the level of work I'd end up putting in. It was just something fun. I really enjoy the "business" side though. I'm a huge nerd for stats and I really enjoy the organizing of my ideas and posts.

It can be tedious at times but I love the photo editing it. I love photography and editing is really fun for me. I love the feeling I get when a photo looks just how I wanted it to. I just wish I had known about all the photo stuff when I first started. As of the time, I'm writing this I'm in the middle of a huge reshoot plan to pretty up my old posts. I'm moving to Wix soon and I want to overhaul my photos, my graphics, everything.

But I've realized after these last 4 years that my favourite thing about blogging is the community! I love talking to other bloggers on Twitter and Instagram! It's so nice to have these groups of people that know the ins and outs and support each other! I adore my blogging twitter friends!

Ok doing a bit of a 180 here, something I have grown to have a hatred for emails. There are rarely good emails. There are so many spammy ones. Or ones that look alright then you waste 5 minutes ready to read that they want to offer you a discount code to review their product to want to post an ad as a post without paying you or sending anything.

My least favourite word isn't moist or mucus or some gross dirty word. My least favourite, no MOST HATED, word is exposure. Working for exposure doesn't pay the bills, honey! Take your free ad wanting ass and get out of my inbox. Call me when you realize that I can't eat the likes on my Instagram profile.

The only other negative I can really think about blogging at this moment is the cattiness and drama. Twitter explodes about once every month or two with someone or is "calling out" someone else for doing something totally fine. Like Instagram Ballon Gate earlier this year. Let the girl have balloons with her fucking breakfast if she wants too.

There is real stuff that needs to spread like the PipDig stuff that went down a few months ago. A secret kill switch is worth the wildfire spread if you ask me. PS if you have a PidPig template please look into an alternative.


Drama stuff aside I have loved blogging from the moment I started. My content has made a lot of shifts in the last 4 years and I want to say a big thank you to those of you that have stayed with me through it. And for staying with me through all of my periods of radio silence.

I've been uploading every 3 days for almost a month. I finally got my mojo back and I'm so excited to come back into blogging full force! I've been loving my content this last month and I'm so excited to get back in the blogging groove!

If I ever try to do a month of uploads like Blogmas again someone please talk some sense into me. Doing 20 days for ZGB's 2nd birthday and full 25 days of Blogmas in 2017 really drained all I had for blogging. Almost 2 years later and I've finally got my energy for blogging back and I'm so excited to be back in action!

So with that, I want to know what you guys want to see from me! I've definitely got more art and Wicca on the way. I haven't forgotten about beauty either. Mental Health stuff is still happening and I'm going to do more foodie stuff soon! And geeky will be making a comeback heavily in July for Harry Potter month!

I'm also starting a Bullet Journal in July and will be writing some posts! I'm making it from scratch. Wish me luck! I'm also going to start a YouTube channel so starting soon some posts will have videos to accompany them.

Let me know what else I should add in the mix. Maybe what recipes I should try or what mental health topics you'd like for me to talk about. I'm going to upload new posts every 3 days like I have for the last month so that's at least twice a week. Sometimes 3. So let me know that you want to see! My ideas book is just waiting to be filled!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...