Yearly Favorites | 2016

January 16, 2017


The time has come. We are almost 2 and half weeks into 2017. I have finally collected all my favorites of 2016 and I'm ready to write my 2016 favorites!

This might be a long one. I have a ton of life favorites and quite a few beauty ones too. This is a whole year of favorites after all. Not just a small amount from just one month.

So here are the things I loved in 2016!

BEAUTY PRODUCTS


Makeup:

Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer

I love this concealer! I really love the formula and the color is perfect for me. But I wish it was in a tube with a wand. I hate squeeze tubes with a brush on the end. It feels so unsanitary. 



Benefit Hoola Original Bronzer   

I finally got Benefit's Hoola bronzer this year. I love it so much! It's matte and had brown undertones instead of orange undertones.



Benefit Dew the Hoola Liquid Bronzer

I got a free mini of this bronzer from Ulta the week before it launched.  I fell for it instantly. It has a great color and looks great. And it blends so well! I love it!



Urban Decay Vice Lipstick

UD re-vamped their lipsticks in 2016 and I love the new design and all the new colors! And the new mega matte formula! 714 is my favorite shade! It's a mega matte classic red!



Marc Jacobs Beauty Highlighter Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner

I got a mini of this liner from Sephora for my birthday and I love it so much! It's so smooth and creamy and dries to stay put. I tested it against the Urban Decay 24/7 liner and they both lasted 24 hours swatched on the back of my hand. AMAZING!



Urban Decay Beached Bronzer

UD just launched this bronzer last summer. It is soft and blendable and comes in 2 pretty shades. I love the brown undertone bronzers and this one is so pretty!




Hair:

Sexy Hair Sexy Healthy Hair Shampoo and Conditioner Duo

I love this duo! I have sort of dry hair and it gets crazy knots in it so easily. This set helps my hair be less dry and helps me brush out knots easier.




Skincare:


Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Hydrator

I love this hydrator! It makes my skin feel so smooth and for lack of a better word hydrated. It feels like rubbing water into my skin. I love it so much! It's the best hydrator I've ever tried!



Neutrogena Daily Scrub

I love this scrub. It is a great light exfoliator. I use it every other day instead of every day as anything that exfoliates is a little too much for everyday use. The only thing I don't like about this one is the fact that it is dyed blue. Dyes in soap are so bad for your skin!






Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

This is my everyday face wash. It's gentle on the skin and dye free! It leaves my skin feeling clean. I use it every day and every other day I use the daily scrub and follow it with the foaming cleanser.



Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner 

I always apply this toner after I wash my face. Toner is a really important step in facial skincare. This one is dye and alcohol-free which I love!






 
Nails Care & Color:


Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover


Influenster sent me a pack of the Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover pads and I fell in love with this remover. It works so much better than the expensive brands and the store brands. I love the pads and the bottled remover. 



Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

I started using these what seems like forever ago. I love them so much! They are made with real nail polish and they stay on the nails forever! I've had them last for up to 10 days! I love the designs too! I wish they came in solid colors. Especially black. I'd never use normal polish again.



Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color

When I do use normal nail polish it is usually Sally Hansen and I've been using the Insta-Dri formula a lot lately. It isn't the longest lasting nail polish but it dries really fast.



Sally Hansen Hair As Nails Nail Color

This is my go-to nail color formula. Anytime I want a new color I try to find something in this formula first. It doesn't take too long to dry and has great wear time when used with the Sally Hansen Base and Top Coat.



Sally Hansen Base & Top Coat

I really love this B&T Coat. However, after awhile it starts to go bad and doesn't dry correctly. After about 4 months it starts to dry slower and slower and starts to take on impressions when drying. I love it though and it's still my go-to B&T. However, it is a better base coat that a top coat.





 
LIFESTYLE


TV Shows:


Doctor Who

Doctor Who will always be a favorite. It is one of my top 5 shows ever! I love it so much. I really loved season 8 and 9. Peter is an amazing Doctor! I am loving it! I don't want him to leave!



The Walking Dead

Season 7 of TWD is so good! I love Negan so much! I am so excited he is finally on the show! I can't wait for it come back next month!



American Horror Story

I only got into AHS in November of 2015. I spent early 2016 catching up on all of it. I have only seen 1 episode of S6 but I can't wait to see the rest. Evan Peters is such an amazing actor! Everyone they cast is always great!  

My favorite season so far is Hotel. I love stories about serial killers and S5 was so good! My second favorite is Murder House then Asylum then Coven and then Freakshow.



Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I love it show! I loved Andy Samberg on SNL and I can't believe it took me so long to start watching this show. I only started it in 2016 after it was already on for 2 and a half seasons. I love it so much. If you haven't heard of it before it's a cop comedy set it NYC where Andy plays a detective in the NYPD. It is really funny.



Grey's Anatomy

I have heard so much about Grey's over the years, so I finally caved and decided to watch an episode or two. The decision to watch all 12 seasons soon followed. I'm still not completely caught up but I really like the story. I'll have to catch up before season 13.



Merlin  

I also started Merlin in 2016. I haven't finished it yet but I really like it. I need to finish it soon! The story is really good but I am a little afraid to watch it all the way through since it was canceled. I hate watching a show that has loose ends because of cancellations.



South Park

Last summer, after hearing references to SP everywhere, I decided to watch a few episodes. I ended up falling down into a binge spiral and finished 19 seasons in about 4 days. I was never allowed to watch it when I was younger. I think it is hilarious now, however, I don't think I would have understood anything when I was a kid so I don't know what my mom was so worried about. 






Movies:


Suicide Squad

Ok, unpopular opinion I really loved Suicide Squad. I love Harley and the Joker and I really loved Jared Leto's Joker, again very unpopular opinion. I really loved Will Smith's Deadshot too! You think he would play Coronal Flag but he plays bad guy well. 

The story was good. It could have been better but honestly, this movie was just a set up for a Harley Quinn film or films, and I'm ok with it. I love Harls and Mr. J so I loved all the scenes with them.
 
They cut so much Harley x Joker stuff from this film. If they cut it all together into its own film and sold it on DVD I would buy it in a heartbeat!



Star Trek: Beyond

I grew up watching the original Star Trek TV show. It has always been one of my Dad's favorites and it's something we watched together when I was growing up. We watch all the new movies together when they come out.


I really liked this one. It had a good story and (Spoiler Alert) I almost cried when the Enterprise was destroyed. But it ends with her being rebuilt so it's ok.



The Martian

I know this is a 2015 film but I didn't get to see it until it was out on DVD. I really liked it. Matt Damon's acting was really great! It was such an interesting story and I am a sucker for anything about space.



Dirty 30

This movie was so freaking funny! It's from YouTubers Mamrie Hart, Grace Helbig, and Hannah Hart. Kate (Mamrie) is turning 30 and realizes she is not where she thought she would be at 30. Kate's friends Evie (Grace) and Charlie (Hannah) decide to throw Kate an awesome 30th birthday party that is a lot more than Kate planned for.

It is so funny I was crying from laughing. It's so good! I always cry laugh when these three make anything. It's always so good!


 


Video Games & Game Systems:
 

Nintendo 3DS XL

I got a 3DS for my b-day and I love it so much. I'm a huge Zelda fan (Ocarina of Time on the N64 was my first video game ever) so I was really excited to be able to play Nintendo games.



The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)

As I said Ocarina was my first ever video game back when it was on the N64. I loved that game and it is what began my love for all thing nerdy. The only reason I truly wanted a DS was to play Ocarina of Time again. I love this game so much!



Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

My DS actually came with this game. I love Mario. Super Mario 64 was my second ever video game. That little man in the red hat has a special place in my heart.

I've seen people play the Wii version of this on YouTube so I was kind of excited to try this game. I actually really liked it.


People think it's a kids game but it's actually pretty entertaining. And if you try to get all the stars it can get a bit ragey. I really enjoyed it.



Pokemon GO (iOS App)

Everyone and their mom played Pokemon GO last summer. I didn't get it right off but caved in September. I'm one of the few weirdos that are still playing. I will not stop until I get all 150 Pokemon registered to my Pokedex. Or at least all 148 catchable in the US.



Undertale (PC)


THIS GAME IS SO GOOD! I freaking love this game! I've watched and re-watched JackSepticEye and Dan&Phil play it a million times. The story is amazing! It goes so in depth and the game remembers everything!

The characters are so lovable and so easy to get attached to. And the fact that there are 3 different endings depending on how you play is really awesome. And there are so many Easter eggs if you just walk back on the map. 

There are so many secret doors and places to go. The Easter eggs are never ending!

The gameplay is great too. It's just arrow keys but some of the later battles great super intense and really hard, especially if you do the genocide run.

Ahhhhhhh this game is sooooo good!!!





Books:


The Amazing Book is Not On Fire (TABINOF) by Danisnotonfire (Dan Howell) & AmazingPhil (Phil Lester)

Dan and Phil did such an interesting take on the all the memoirs that YouTubers have been doing. Not only did they do it together but they also have fun pages and interviews with each other. It's not just a book of plain text it has tons of photos and colors and it is just so creative!




Divergent Series

When I finish The Hunger Games everyone told me to read Divergent. I didn't really think I'd like it but it's not that bad. I read the first two books so far. I really like them! It's really good so far. I can't say the say for the movies though.
 
 



Subscriptions:


YouTube Red

NO Ads! Exclusive Content! Download for Offline Watching! YouTube Red is amazing! I got it in September and I love it so much! I never want to go back to normal YouTube. No Ads! That was enough to make me want to sign up but then they introduced the beginning of exclusive content and I was so ready to get started. I love it so much.



GooglePlay Music

GooglePlay Music is actually included with YouTube Red. I love it so much! It's like Spotify or Apple Music. I never got the appeal of a music subscription until I started using one. I use GooglePlay Music every day. It doesn't have everything on it but it does have a ton! 



Amazon Prime (Specifically Prime Video)

I got prime in October and instant video is so good! It exclusively has Doctor Who, which I'm not gonna lie it is the whole reason I signed up. It has a ton of other shows too, like Hannibal, Mr. Robot and Sons of Anarchy. I really love it!




YouTube Red Originals:


The Amazing Tour is Not On Fire (Stage Show Movie)

Dan and Phil took the TABINOF and made it into an epic stage show and took it on tour. YouTube filmed the show they did in Hollywood and put it up on YT Red. It is so funny and so well done. It is packed full of references and it is just amazing if you are a fan of D&P.



Scare Pewdiepie (Season 1)

Watching Pewdiepie get the crap scared out of him is amazingly funny. They just filmed season 2 and I can't wait for it!



Rhett & Link's Buddy System (Season 1)

Rhett & Link are the hosts of YouTube morning show Good Mythical Morning, which is amazing by the way. And they got a a web comedy series from YouTube and it is hilarious!





Tech & Programs:


iPhone 6S Plus

While everyone was getting iPhone 7's with it's weird home button and lack of a headphone jack I upgraded my iPhone 5s to an iPhone 6s Plus. I love this phone so much. The screen is so much bigger and it works so much faster! 



Kindle Paperwhite

I got a Kindle for Christmas and I am already in love with it! I've debated on getting one since the Paperwhite model first launched. I finally caved when they were on sale for Black Friday. I love it so much! It really does read like a book!



Razer Kraken Pro Headphones

I got these head phones for Christmas too. I love them so much! I've been wanting a pair of gaming headphones for so long! The audio on these are amazing. When you play a game and you are moving around while your character is having a conversion the voice of the person they are talking too moves from ear to ear depending on what side they are on. AMAZING!



Adobe Photoshop Elements 14
  
I use Photoshop to edit all my photos and graphics for this blog. I got it for Christmas in 2015 and I have used it everyday since.



 Blogs:


Miss Cosmetic Blogger



A Little Obsessed



London Beauty Queen



The Freckled Fox




Candles:


Bath & Body Works Spiced Vanilla Candle

This candle is cinnamon and vanilla. It smells like apple pie!



White Barn (Bath & Body Works) Vanilla Bean Candle

I have a ton of vanilla candles, as it my favorite candle scent, and this one is by far my favorite! This is the best smelling vanilla candle ever! 

B&BW also has a Vanilla Marshmallow on and it smells like this one just sweeter if that's more your thing.



Yankee Candle Gingerbread Maple Candle

This candle smells so good! It's a gingery, cinnamony maple. I can't really describe it but it's so nice! I guess you could say it's like a gingerbread pancake.




MY BLOG CHANGES


Blog Rebranding

My blog has gone through a few name changes through the almost 2 years I've been doing this and I finally found the name I want to keep!


New Blog URL

I finally found the perfect name which means I was finally able to buy a custom URL. I was so excited for something so simple.



Blog Makeover

Until last summer my blog has a blue mint background with pink and brown text. Yeah I don't know what I was think either. Anyway I did a complete makeup over.

I made the whole background white, changed the text to grey almost black and finally found the colors I've been wanting since I start but just could quite get too. I changed the coral pink to the dusty rose you see now and the mint to the baby blue color.

I love what my blog has become and can't wait to see what I continue to do over the next year.




That's it for my favorites from 2016! That was so fun! I didn't think I had so many favorites until I sat down and actually wrote this post. If you stuck thought them all let me know in the comments!

What did you love in 2016? What should I try in 2017? Let me know in the comments below!


Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Cover Photo - Photo from pexels.com and edited in Photoshop by me.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...