Diary Entry 1

June 11, 2018


I have kind of fallen off the face of the internet recently. My body and mind made me take a much-needed break. I became overwhelmed and really tired. Even the most mundane tasks like making myself something to eat or simply getting up to walk to the bathroom made my eyes heavy.


I know it started because I accidentally glutened myself and then did it again 2 more times because I was so tired from the first time I didn't read labels well enough. After about 2 weeks feeling like I had the flu I finally started to wake up a little. I started taking my vitamin-d again and started feeling better.


I still wasn't up for much. I wanted to write but couldn't find the energy. I wanted to take photos, to create but I was still really tired. I was napping a lot and through my sleeping schedule out the window. 

Other than a much need mental break from working I've actually been feeling really good these last few weeks. I haven't eaten fast food since December and have had a successful 2 weeks without any gluten contamination which is amazing! I think this may have been the longest I've managed without glutening myself.

I've started eating a lot better and I'm slowing transitioning into vegetarianism. I've a mix of greens every day for over a week. I cannot tell you how much better I've been feeling. I've also started drinking a lot more water than I used too. I feel more awake and my skin looks so much better!

I did some painting last week and it felt so good! I've been wanting to paint for months and never felt motivated enough. I've been so tired these last few months. I think that is in part because I stopped taking my vitamin-d for a month. I can't believe how much a vitamin-d deficiency can make you tired.

Anyway back to the art. I was highly inspired by Jemma of Dorkface to paint. So my first painting was a bit of recreation of one of my favourite pieces she's done. I also did a watercolour Jelly Fish which I'm so happy with! I've never done watercolour before and it turned out really well. I also finally set up my printer and printed out some of my artwork. I am so happy with how they print! I'm inlove with them!

Good news on the blog front, and the social media front as well, I've had plenty of ideas for blog stuff. Insta too! Now that I'm feeling more awake and motivated I can't wait to get started. I think there may even be a YouTube channel in the future! I really love the idea of shooting little clips of swatches and eye looks and embed them in blog posts! I'm going to work on figuring out how I want to shoot and making the graphics and stuff for videos.

I'm still not ready to adhere to a schedule for the blog yet. Schedules have been killing me. Thought I will try to aim for at least once a week. Trying to do a month of uploads for my blog's b-day and then doing Blogmas has really kicked my butt. I'm going to have to ease back into this slowly so I don't overwhelm myself.

I'm excited to get back to blogging and Instagram stuff! I want to add more colour and nature posts to my Insta. Maybe some fashion posts too. I still want to do product photos but I don't want that to be my full focus anymore. I'm feeling that a bit for my blog too. I'm tired of just flatlays. I want to incorporate some of my nature photos and do more fashion posts, And food posts, and life posts. Not just life posts about the things I love. I want to go on adventures and document it on my blog.

I also want to change up the beauty posts I do. Rather than just write about products I want to play around with them! Do eyeshadow lookbooks and test products, really document my experience and do nail posts.

Anyway, I'm hoping to change my blog and Insta a little bit. I want to spread my horizons. I want to have more fun and kick my blogger's block in the ass by doing posts I'm most passionate about. I want to be excited by my content 100%. I have never written something I wasn't proud of but I want to be completely excited about blogging again.

Like this post, for instance, it's was really fun! It was a stream of consciousness. I sat down and wrote this all out a once. No stopping, not checking what I've already written. It's so nice to write a post that isn't just a product post. I don't have to check my facts or make sure I've gotten all the details for a review.

Well, I've rambled on for long enough. I'm really excited to be back to blogging! What have you guys been up to in the last few weeks?

Thanks for reading this post! I'm really happy to be back! I'll see you guys again soon!



Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...