I Choose Happiness | Mental Health + Me

March 29, 2018


So I've completely dropped the ball on blogging recently. After 2017 I think I need the break. I also took the time to work on designs and art for my new Etsy store, but I'll tell you more about that in an upcoming post. I think this post is actually the perfect one to come back on. I needed a break. I wasn't having blogger burnout. I've actually had really exciting ideas floating around in my head all this time. I've just had no will to write recently. Well, no will to type. I have been writing posts in my head for weeks.


Anyway, I thought that another installment of Mental Health + Me was a great starting point. This particular topic was already on the list for my next mental health post and I think it's very fitting. After the heaviness of my first Mental Health + Me post I wanted to take a moment to talk about where I am now. It's a much happier place.

Talking about happiness seems like a great place to start back up. My unwillingness to type was my minds way of telling me to take a break. I needed to enjoy some little things and just do what makes me happy. Even though blogging is something that makes me happy I have lows where I don't want to write. I think we all do.

So let's talk about where I am now that I'm on the other side of the darkness. I am much happier. I did what makes me happy. I do my best not to let things out of my control upset me. I choose to be happy. There are people who try to make the rest of the world sad or mad or just want to tear you down.

I decided around June of last year that I wasn't going to let those people ruin my moon anymore. I spent the better part of 5 years crying over what other people did or said. I'm in control of my own destiny. I am in control of my own happiness. It's my life and my happiness I am tired of letting other people control it.

So I wrote a list of the little things that make me happy and shared it with you guys. I decided to enjoy the little things more. Do what makes me happy and do what I can to keep myself happy when others try to make me upset. I was tired of feeling like crap. I was tired of feeling angry.






Life is too short to let others ruin your good time. I choose to be happy. When others try to ruin it I'll walk away and remember my little things. I'll walk away and go watch a TV show or movie that makes me smile. I'll walk away and turn on the YouTubers at my heart warm and my cheeks hurt from laughing.

Things that have made me happy recently have been, making lots art, making graphics, posting to my Instagram again, watching YouTube and finishing Game of Thrones!

I've taken my happiness into my own hands and I've never felt better. Happiness is always there. You just have to look for it in the little things.


What are the little ways you make yourself happy? Let me know in the comments below!

I've so happy to be back! I'm already so excited to keep writing! I hope you guys are ready for a whole lot of content!


Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...