It's time for a Change | My 2020 Life Goals

January 01, 2020


I can't believe that it's 2020! A sentence we'll all probably be hearing and saying all year. We'll probably be saying that until 2025 honestly. Anyway, new year, new decade. It's time for me to really get myself together. My goals have a theme this year, self-healing. And some are actually healing too. For the most part, the 2010s were the worst years of my life. Lots of mental health issues and physical problems too. In 2020 I'm aiming to take better care of myself. 
So with the sucky 2010s behind me, I'm aiming to work on myself, mentally and physically. As well as work on my Art, Blog, YouTube and Shop. I want to make the 2020s the best decade of my life and look back in 2030 and be proud of everything I did and just generally feel better. Less pain, less down days. The 2020s are also my 20s. Well most of them. I turn 30 in 2028. So I am aiming to feel a hell of a lot better on my 30th birthday than I did on my 20th.

When I sat down to write my goals I knew I was going to have a lot of them. So I decided to break them up into categories and allow myself 5 goals per category. I started with the typical stuff, Mental Health, Fitness, Work. Then it got a little out of control. But I think having everything separated into all these categories will help me accomplish more this year. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I originally wrote all my goals in one post but it got too long so I'm breaking it up. These are my life goals. You can click here to check out my Work goals. I also made posts for My Art Goals and my Wicca Goals. So let's get into my life goals, shall we?



LIFE


1. Finish 9th + 10th Grade

So I'm writing a whole post about this but long story short depression caused me to drop out before I started 9th grade. I had a plan to get a GED. Life happened and I haven't yet. But Ohio has a 22+ diploma program so I'm going back to high school next month.



2. Make a Living from my Art

I love creating and I would absolutely love to make a living from my passion. Also, I'm on the Autism Spectrum which makes my introvertedness and anxiety worse so being able to make art and work from home would be awesome!



3. Get my Septum Fixed

I have a deviated septum. It's so bad my ENT asked if I've ever broken my nose. I have an appointment on the 6th to evaluate it and schedule my surgery. I'm pretty excited. I can't wait to breathe like a normal person!



4. Learn Something New Everyday

Feed your mind. Somethings I want to learn are Japanese, Knitting, Hand-lettering and finally learn how to use my DSLR manual settings.



5. Live Greener

I use far too much plastic and I need to fix it. Reusable grocery bags and reusable ziplock bags are on my Amazon list right now. I'm also planning on getting a tea steeper and loose tea leaves rather than tea bags.






MENTAL HEALTH


As I said my mental health was a huge problem in the 2010s. It's a main priority in the 2020s.


1. Get my Autism Evaluated

My nephew was diagnosed with Aspergers in 2013. My sister and I both noticed the symptoms in me. I've talked with my doctors and finally have my first evaluation on the 22nd.



2. Start Therapy

Something I've needed since 2008. Better late than never. I'm starting really soon!



3. Meditate Daily

Meditation can help with depression, anxiety, breathing issues and can be a great way to slow down life for a minute. All of which I need.



4. Make Real Friends

Another post I've been planning for a while, I'm in my 20s and I've never had real friends. So this year I actually want to make some. I love my sister but only texting her is a bit sad don't you think?



5. Go outside more

I'm vitamin D deficient and the sun hurts my eyes. The light sensitivity is probably due to one of my autoimmune disorders. But I think it's also because I just never go outside unless I have a doctors appointment or need to go to the store.  



WELLNESS/FITNESS


1. Do Yoga Daily

I need to exercise. I work on my computer. I need to get up and moving more.



2. Drink more water

I get into working and forget to drink and eat properly. That is definitely something I need to fix.



3. Stick to my Skincare Routine

I suck at washing my face like I should.



4. Sleep Better

I'm writing this at 2:30AM...



5. Walk More

Like I said I spend a ton of time working on my computer. I need to start setting alarms for myself to get up and walk around the house.






GOOD HABITS TO START

1. Keep my nails painted

Nails are harder to break if they are painted!



2. Be more positive + Optimistic

There was a lot of negativity in my 2010s. I want to take on the 2020s with a positive light!



3. Enjoy the little things

I wrote a post quite a while ago about the little things to enjoy. Rainstorms, and full moons and soft blankets are just a few things on that list.



4. Read Daily

I have really fallen off the reading wagon. I've sent a goal of reading 24 books this year. I think I can manage 2 books a month. BTW I'm still building my reading list. Suggestions welcome! I'm open to anything right now. I haven't read in so long I'm not sure where my favourite fiction genre is anymore.



5. Create Daily

Drawing, painting, writing, it doesn't matter. I just want to make something every day. Even knitting or doing some embroidery.





BAD HABITS TO STOP

1. Bitting + Picking my nails. I haven't really bitten my nails in a long time but I have caught myself holding my nails between my teeth. Also, I pick the hell out of the skin around my nails when they are dry. Both need to stop.



2. Eating Crap

The gluten-free freezer section in my local store keeps growing and I resort to eating crap instead of cooking from scratch. I'm aiming for 6 days a week home cooking this year.



3. Procrastinating

Procrastination has been a big issue for me for years. I need to stop leaving things for the last minute.



4. Scratching

I scratch/pick my face and I hate it! I also scratch at the scrapes on my arms ad legs from my cats. A little bit of that is in my sleep but sometimes I do it while awake.



5. Skipping Meals

Something I started when I first became depressed was eating once a day. I became quite used to it and though I've done it less over the last few years I still do it way too much. I'm aiming for 2 cooked meals and like leftovers for lunch.





EXTRA LITTLE BITS 

1. Make me-time Daily



2. Play Video Games Weekly



3. Enjoy Nature Daily



4. Have a no-screen time Daily



5. Live Unapologetically



That ended up a lot longer than I thought it would. It feels so good to back to blogging! I was going to include my blog goals in this post but it was getting too long. I'll have to do it in a separate post.

What are your goals for 2020? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 







Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.



**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...