Monthly Favorites | June 2016

July 13, 2016


I can't believe it's July already. And it's already almost half over. 2016 is running past in a blur. July can keep running. I hate hot weather and it's been in the 90s here.

I can't wait for fall! September could not get here fast enough! I hate the heat. I'm the kind of person you stays inside in AC so cold it would snow if it could. I love the chilly air of Fall and all of the beautiful changing leaves. I can't wait for it to get here!

Since they are 2 weeks late let's get these favorites started.


Beauty



Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

I love this cleanser! I use it everyday and use the Neutrogena Daily Scrub every other day. A little of this cleanser goes a long way. It really is a foaming cleanser. It makes my skin feel clean without making it oily or feel tight or dry like cleansers I have tried in the past. It cleans the skin without being harsh.



Lorac Matte Bronzer (from the Lorac Pro ToGo Palette)

This bronzer was in my September Favorites last year. I have been loving it so much this summer I thought it was worth another mention. Lorac sells the bronzer in the Pro ToGo Palette and in a compact with a highlighter. I love this bronzer! It is matte and I love the fact that it isn’t orangey toned. I hate orange bronzers! This bronzer is great! It goes on really well and it looks so natural! I love it to contour my nose and my cheeks. I just love it!



Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Crayons

Another old favorite. I love these balms and they come in so many bright and fun summer colors! The pigmentation is amazing! And they truly are matte. The transfer stops quickly. And they aren’t drying. They smell like mint which I don't really like but that goes away quickly. I currently have the shades, Striking, a bright classic red, Unapologetic, a hot pink red, Audacious, a pink coral, and Mischievous, a orange coral. They are all great colors for summer! I love them!





TV Shows


Orange Is The New Black

This was favorite last June when season 3 came out. I binge watched it all in one day. Season 4 was pretty good and it left a really good cliffhanger. If you haven't checked out OITNB yet it is a really really good show and season 4 was a good edition. I can't wait to see what Netflix has in store for next June!



Pretty Little Liars

PLL came back this month too. I love PLL. I've been watching since season 2. Season 6 left off with a big cliffhanger and a big plot twist. Season 7 has already had a ton of twist and turns and last weeks episode left out with a pretty big moment and I can't wait to watch this weeks episode! 





Books


Insurgent (The 2nd Book of the Divergent Series)

When I started reading the divergent series I didn't think I would really like. I was wrong. I am really enjoying reading this series. I've watched the first two movies and I didn't really like them, not as the adaptions of the books anyway. As a far as I'm concerned the movies were there own story. Anyway back to the book. I loved reading this book. It left with a big cliffhanger about what is beyond the fence. I can't wait to read Allegiant. I wanted to read Four first since half of the book is his POV. I really didn't think I would like this series and I really love it. The books are great, the movies not so much unless you look at them like their own story. The second one doesn't even really follow the book.




Random


YouTube Red

I love YouTube. I waited a while to get YTRed. I wasn't going to get it but YT has gotten so aggressive with their ads and I like to watch old livestreams from Twitch that the gamers upload, so watch a 2 hour video that had an ad every 10 minutes, was driving me crazy. And since Netflix and HuluPlus are ad free, I was really going crazy, YT was the only play I had ads. So I caved. 
And now I love YTRed. Not only do I get no ads, I get all the YTRed shows and they are adding more and more everyday. You also get a subscription to Google Play Music, which is like Spotify, with YouTube Red and vice versa. YouTube was doing a deal first 3 months for $0.99 one time pay and then $9.99/m after. I think it goes until the end of July. I caved and decided to try it. Now I am add free and love it!



Google Play Music


 I got Google Play Music with YouTube Red and didn't think I would use it much. I never really understood Music subscription services before. Probably because I didn't really know how they worked. I never knew that if you had a subscription that you could download any song to the app on iOS and Android and it would stay on your device until you no longer subscribed to the service.

I haven't used iTunes since I got Google Music. I love it. I'm still making play list and downloading every song I've every wanted onto my iPod. I love music so I really love this app. The only thing I don't like is the color scheme. I like the white and black text but I hate the red-orange detail. But the color scheme isn't going to make me quit using it. It works just like iTunes with playlists and song lists and sort by artist or name. It has shuffle and replay buttons. I really love it!




Think that is about it for this month's favorites.  Let me know what you loved this month in the comments!

 Thanks for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message me



Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored. Everything in this post was purchased by myself or I received it as a gift. I was not paid to talk about any brands mentioned in this post. Anything mentioned in this post were things I genuinely loved this month and wanted to share with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...